Notices

When the world shutdown, things got bad.

Old 06-21-2020, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When the world shutdown, things got bad.

I was gone for a while there. There has been so much that has gone wrong and with everything shutting down and not being able to be around people in the beginning stuff got dismal. And because of the shutdown I could possibly have further issues with my license, I've try to check in on people and they shut me out, I had to quit the job cause could get up there anymore and I ask for a ride from a "friend" that offered but turned around and said no, issue with unemployment and they denied me (all I want is my covid pay). I have to ask for help with the unemployment cause get locked out of my account for whatever weird reason, parents said they would visit me and then they don't. And list goes on and I live by myself. I had just stop drink last night into this morning. Its been probably only 6 hours or so. Didn't get wasted so I'm not buzzing right now. Just a bit foggy, but not dying. I'm just scared if the issues I'mma have to face and things were getting better before the virus occurred. All the problems and not getting help when I actually reached out to people I trusted really really hurt. I just wanted to share and get the out of me. Thinking about my mom was the only thing that keep me going and not almost drink myself to death. But some nights I felt like dying. I feel pretty worthless right now. But I am praying that one day this will pass. Its just hard to be in the present right now and its killing me. I'm not going to give up. But I do need this community and just needed to reach out and let this be said to someone. Me and my mom are on better terms, so that helps. Just need a friend reminder that its going to be ok.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi TNT!

I've also got problems with unemployment compensation, and there's all manner of crap going on right now. But I'm sure glad I don't have to deal with hangovers, cravings, and drunken problems. I find SoberRecovery and AA meetings keep me sober.

Many AA meetings have gone online. Here is just one group's listings, on the East side of Lake Washington in Seattle (Pacific time zone, GMT -7):

https://eastsideaa.org/meetings/?tsml-type=ONL

Here are some good threads to join:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-490-a-6.html (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 490)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-1-2020-a.html
Old 06-21-2020, 01:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thank you for posting TNTStill. I'm sorry about your job and support network letting you down. All I can say is that all those things will still have happened if you drink and you will be dealing with them either intoxicated, hungover or with your emotions distorted by the drinking. That's how it was for me too.

Not drinking will give you some self respect back which somehow (I don't know how) makes all those unpleasant issues seem a little less daunting.

Keep at it. Don't quit quitting.
Old 06-21-2020, 02:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's great to see you back. I see the "Class of June, etc" threads as a really good way
to get 24/7 support, make friends, find common interests and so on.
It also could be a way to get help on the other things you've mention you're having trouble with.
Lot's of really brilliant people on SR and you never have to feel alone again, least not here.
Old 06-21-2020, 02:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It’s a tough time for a lot of people - but support helps
Not drinking helps too - like others have said, facing this stuff sober will help me make it through to the other side

D
Old 06-21-2020, 02:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's so good to see you posting again, TNT. You're far from worthless - you matter & have an important place in this world.
Please stay with us & keep talking.
Old 06-21-2020, 02:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

TNT. The shutdown hit me hard and I drank a lot for a few days. Finally I quit and for a bit had some trouble then suddenly after some sober time I figured it out. This was April and may that I was sober right when this was all at its worst. I couldn't believe how much of not a big deal it became. I relapsed and now on day 3 I am just starting to refigure this whole thing out again. Things will fall into place. Just don't drink today.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

TNT, you know you always have a place of support here at SR.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The shutdown hit me hard too, as it did with so many others. Stuck at home, kids off school, not working, no structure, no routine, financial worries, health worries, not having to get up early for work, hot weather. It was a perfect storm to drink and drink and drink. Then I realised it was only going to get worse and worse and worse. thought I would use lockdown to make better choices and stop drinking before I killed myself. I have 6 weeks sober tomorrow and feel a hundred times better than I did.

I've read others saying that lockdown has been a turning point for them too to stop drinking, get better and get healthy. You can do it too
Old 06-21-2020, 03:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

double post
Old 06-21-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep coming back TNT. We care.