Notices

pain in legs

Old 06-20-2020, 06:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

pain in legs

hi has anybody had pain in legs like heavy crampy feeling four days following a silp. have struggled falling off about one night a week but seems like im so tired and low and have leg issues that seem to start third or fourth day. I am done now cant do this cycle its so predictable and im just to tired moody for days also.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I didn't experience that, but I think if you are relapsing once a week there will likely always be withdrawal symptoms. Have you talked to your doctor about the leg pain?
Old 06-20-2020, 07:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Alcohol messes with so many bodily systems you might have to get the docs to take a look for answers. Booze messes up blood flow, metabolism, cardiac functioning, neurological functioning, and on and on and on. It is good that you have linked it through personal experience to your drinking. You know at least one main part of the solution then - you cannot drink if you want to feel healthy.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by eve123 View Post
hi has anybody had pain in legs like heavy crampy feeling four days following a silp. have struggled falling off about one night a week but seems like im so tired and low and have leg issues that seem to start third or fourth day. I am done now cant do this cycle its so predictable and im just to tired moody for days also.
I haven't experienced leg pain, but during an insane bender in 2019 that lasted over a month of heavy prolonged drinking I developed alcoholic neuropathy in my feet. The pain was excruciating and I could barely walk. Basically felt like my feet were on fire with pins and needles and stabbing pains. I have had small reoccurances of this since, but nothing to the severity I had then. Alcohol can cause nerve damage. The poison just completely ravages your entire body.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I thought I've heard alcohol depletes magnesium. Anyway somewhere along a couple of decades into my drinking, I was trying to figure out how to get rid of.... gee I cant remember now if it was the muscle cramps or anxiety I was researching first. Stopping drinking wasn't an option at that point, I'd a been like dont be silly.

I started taking magnesium at the end of my drinking career and even living a sober life I take it.

Old 06-20-2020, 04:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

I was definitely getting leg cramps ans muscle weaknesses in my legs by the end of my drinking career...so maybe hydrate eat those bananas and if it persists see the Dr.
Old 06-20-2020, 05:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

You need to see a Dr if you're worried Eve.

I'm sorry you're still drinking.
Have you made it back to AA yet?

D
Old 06-20-2020, 08:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

alcohol stops us from getting vitamins and nutrients, kinda like we have a barrier to them. You seem to mention more than one incident. Are you ready to stop drinking?
Old 06-20-2020, 11:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Reckless reminds me of something I read many times on another quit website. Take Epsom salt baths. You can get magnesium that way and yes that could be what is up. But of course only a doc can be sure.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

thank you for your replies. Day 6 feel so bad i dont understand how it can cause so much havoc only drinking once a week. Lots of my friends do that everyweekend etc they seem to not suffer like this. But guess im not a normal. This is it for me no way am i going bk i want recovery more than anything im just done