Notices

Can someone tell me what the difference is?

Old 06-03-2020, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Samantha

Can someone tell me what the difference is?

First of all, I am 19 days sober alcohol has always been my only DOC. I have smoked weed but it gives me horrible panic attacks and I have never done any other drug.
However, I was reading some of the stories on this website and some people mention a drug called "spice"? It looks to be synthetic weed. So now I'm sick to my stomach because weed in Canada is legal....wouldn't the stuff you buy from the stores here be synthetic? A lot of people I know buy from there...do they have a chance of overdosing, having horrible reactions and dying??? I'm so confused!

Thank you.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not the right forum for this question. But here;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthe...noids#Toxicity
Old 06-03-2020, 03:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi AR

Spice was a quasi legal synthetic weed substitute back in the day.

Never tried it, never wanted to, because all the feedback I got told me it was horrible,

The only reason it was around at all,far as I could see, was that pot was illegal.

I almost never see threads about it now because the 'real thing ' is legal now in lots of places and much more readily available these days.

Not an expert on Canada but your friends are almost certainly smoking real weed.
The best I can say about that is it's not spice.

My advice - focus on yourself and your own recovery.
Maybe put some distance between you and some friends if they're heavily into getting high.

At 19 days, value your recovery.

keep away from all kinds of weed and you won't ever have to worry about it yourself

D

Old 06-03-2020, 05:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Stay away from Spice. It's legal mainly because it comes in so many different chemical combinations that it's impossible for authorities to keep up. It is imported from China. Each batch is different so you really don't know what you are getting. It causes psychosis. You may have read the odd story in the news about people gouging their own eyes out or cannibalizing murder victims. They smoked spice.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Stay away from Spice. It's legal mainly because it comes in so many different chemical combinations that it's impossible for authorities to keep up. It is imported from China. Each batch is different so you really don't know what you are getting. It causes psychosis. You may have read the odd story in the news about people gouging their own eyes out or cannibalizing murder victims. They smoked spice.
This.

Spice is straight up garbage. Can't believe I actually tried it a few times many years ago...

I remember that story. Pretty sure it was bathsalts but I think that's basically the same crap.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's enough first person verifiable horror stories about spice and bath salts in the Substance Abuse forum without invoking cannibalism and people losing eyes, I think.

We've answered the initial question sufficiently now, guys.

Thread Closed.

D