I Know Now I'm Not Crazy

Old 05-29-2020, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Know Now I'm Not Crazy

Hi guys! In December 2019, I broke up with my ex. We were living together at the time.

This weekend, out of curiosity, I searched her information on the city's website. These are publicly available records. Come to find out, she's been charged with shoplifting and illegal possession of prescription-only drugs (specifically, Percocet). During our relationship, she cheated on me. This woman is living with her and has an active arrest warrant.

I feel used. I feel like an idiot. I'd be in the car with her when she went to go meet a "friend" at a car wash or behind a restaurant. Welp, now I know those "friends" were drug dealers.

Seeing these charges, in black and white on the computer screen, has brought up a lot of awful feelings I had pushed down for months. This is not the woman I fell in love with. This is not the woman I wanted to build a life with, have children with.

I know now that I'm not crazy.

Thanks for letting me reach out. Have any of you been through similar experiences? Is it worth attending al-anon? Wishing you peace and love in these trying times.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Al-anon may help you deal with your feelings, it is about you and healing and growing and not about the other person/addict/alcoholic at all except for how we allow them to upset our lives. A similar meeting, CoDA, was my home group and it helped me deal with my son's addiction but also made ME a better person and I learned things that have served me well all my life.

Sometimes the truth takes a while to get through, reading what you did helped you realize that the person you thought you loved was no longer that person. It's like addiction steals their souls and it can be a long and hard journey back...for those who actually make it back.

I hope clarity will help you move forward. And I am glad you are here.