Notices

Av

Old 05-21-2020, 11:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Av

Hello, all you wonderful people!

My AV has kicked up a notch with the chatter of being able to drink, like a normie.
It is telling me:
"You are more responsible now and well capable of having a couple of drinks on the weekend to relax"
"You stopped smoking cigs, and vaping on the regular and you can have just 1 of them and be done, alcohol is totally the same"
"You are learned your lesson"
"Your life is not what it was when you were drinking, things are so much better now"

HELLO!
Yes, my life is better because I NO LONGER DRINK alcohol! DUH!!!

Why on earth would I even want to experiment when my life is on the line, job, relationship, children, etc....

Drinking is NOT worth it to me.

Since I started this journey back on 09/24/2017 the AV has shown up very little, this time it was just more justification than any other time.
I wanted to post to:
1. Let you know I am alive and sober
2. It doesn't matter how long you have been sober, the devil will try knocking at your door, but don't let him in.
3. Alcohol is a bunch of lies
4. The sooner you put the bottle down, the sooner your toolbox will be full so you are more equipped to handle these crap/learning/testing situations and come out on top.

Be well,
DC
Old 05-21-2020, 11:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, I think the disease and the AV lurk in the background, sometimes they seem to be gone for long periods. But, the AV is always there, lurking and waiting for a moment when you let your guard down. Good for you for shutting down the chatter and carrying on. I'm glad you're doing well.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No entry AV, shut the door on your way out.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good one DC - never confuse abstinence with control
Old 05-22-2020, 01:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you DreamCatcher!

Thanks for the timely reminder.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Love your post DC. The physical rewards of sobriety for me are ever present, but that little voice is always there. I have no problem ignoring it at present because I am not driving around in the car unable to find my house, which is presently enough for me, but that little bugger always whispers to me.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
quat

Congrats DC17 , but sorry to report (not) that your AV is as dumb as mine ,lol, mine says normies are drinkers too, drinkers have AV s , normies don’t ! Dumbass AVs!!
Old 05-23-2020, 03:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi DC, so good to see you posting and well done for coming here straight away when that little monkey on your shoulder started chipping away! I find sharing my stuff really takes the power out if it.

Only about a month ago, when it first started getting quite warm here, and only about a week before I had 2 years of sobriety,I was in my garden doing some work and this thought came into my head.... a glass of wine would be so lovely right now, it will ease the boredom , relax you, you can just have one bottle and you don't even have to tell anyone and you can still pick up your 2 year chip! All of this went through my mind within the space of about 5 seconds and instead of dismissing it instantly I let it sit there. I toyed around with it and I could feel the obsession starting and I nearly had my flip flops on to go out to the store and buy some wine. I was able to get to my HP first though. I prayed to be restored to sanity. Alcohol nearly killed me I would be insane to go pick up a drink. I stood at my kitchen sink feeling like I had been winded. Alcohol is so cunning, baffling and powerful. I know from thousands of failed attempts that I cannot drink moderately and safely. Once I put that first drink in me I am completely powerless and I have no idea where that drink will take me.

I heard an acronym for a slip. S.L.I.P. Sobriety Loses It's Priority. I love that. I have to make sobriety my first priority otherwise I lose everything

So good you recognised those insane thoughts and came here. You are awesome!

♥️🙏♥️🙏