Notices

Day 1

Old 05-12-2020, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

Day 1 ,

I had a choice and I made the wrong decision. I can't go backwards but try to move forward, it has become a cycle with my family that I can only stay clean for short periods of time then I fall off the wagon with these pain pills. I've been battling this for many years, I've always thought of going rehab like it would magically change me but I just don't have the resources to leave my family. It's triggers that always get to me. Over and over again this self pity is horrible way to live. I'm starting to lose myself and identity my wife is so fed up. But doesn't understand how serious it gets for me mentally. I can't put the blame on her she is not an addict she is just doing the that best she can. I'm starting to lose my family and friends the quilt makes it hard to look at my children telling daddy is sick.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stickyone, the mental battle we must fight in early recovery is really hard. And, you're right, rehab is not a magic bullet and you can find your way to recovery even if you don't go to rehab.

Have you considered talking to a therapist? The guilt and shame of addiction will do you in again and again, unless you can start to work on feeling better about yourself. A Gratitude Journal can help in the early days. If you know that you must write 3 things you are grateful for at the end of each day, you will find yourself looking for positive things in your life and the process of liking/loving yourself can begin.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by stickyone View Post
DI've always thought of going rehab like it would magically change me but I just don't have the resources to leave my family.
Narcotics Anonymous is free.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Stickyone, the mental battle we must fight in early recovery is really hard. And, you're right, rehab is not a magic bullet and you can find your way to recovery even if you don't go to rehab.

Have you considered talking to a therapist? The guilt and shame of addiction will do you in again and again, unless you can start to work on feeling better about yourself. A Gratitude Journal can help in the early days. If you know that you must write 3 things you are grateful for at the end of each day, you will find yourself looking for positive things in your life and the process of liking/loving yourself can begin.
I've been going to a physician weekly prior the whole covid19 lockdown. It seemed like every time they would give me exercise and tools. And when we talked they would be like you seem to have a plan. Then this happens again.