Notices

I'm feeling a bit crappy

Old 05-09-2020, 05:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm feeling a bit crappy

So am going to get on the exercise bike for half an hour. I really am not looking forward to it!!!!!!

What is everyone else doing today to protect and support being sober and happy?
Old 05-09-2020, 05:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Getting outside and working in the garden as soon as it warms up a bit. Only 1C at the moment. Ha ha. Not fun for an Aussie.

I hope you feel better through the day love. s xx
Old 05-09-2020, 05:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Making sure the fat cat stays Not Fat by exercising/playing with her twice a day, taking a walk, reading and computer gaming.....and my Saturday Evening Meeting....
Old 05-09-2020, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

1C here too. Although, probably easier for a Canadian to handle as opposed to an Aussie haha. Venus, I see that you haven't adopted Fahrenheit since you have moved to the US. Will America ever switch to the metric system?

Day 7. I have been at this point so many times. I have no problem quitting for a week. I do it every month it seems. I think I need to use the shutdown here to my advantage. Bars are closed. Sports teams are not playing. Liquor stores are on restricted hours. I am going for a short term goal of 30 days. Then figure out the rest.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
Making sure the fat cat stays Not Fat by exercising/playing with her twice a day, taking a walk, reading and computer gaming.....and my Saturday Evening Meeting....

Super-awesome to see you darling Sugar.
Hope you and your gorgeous cat have a wonderful day. s xx
Old 05-09-2020, 06:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

With you every step dear WL. s

And nope, not switching BACK to farenheit. I grew up with until I was about 7, so I know both and convert back and forward pretty easily. But yes, America needs to change to celcius.....he he. s
Old 05-09-2020, 06:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well I did it - still feeling crappy! Must be not eating well I think, low mood, catatrophising the future.

Still, it'll pass, at least I'm sober
Old 05-09-2020, 07:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
What is everyone else doing today to protect and support being sober and happy?

I'm getting outside to walk (in a quiet, safe area) three times a day. That really helps me mental health. I have lots of good books to read as a distraction, and for me, music always helps, too.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just lacing my running shoes now. Also, not looking forward to it because it is as much either. Gray day outside which is making me feel lazy. Maybe read a book because I never read much when drinking.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I've developed that sense of trust with exercise that I use to have with drinking. Once I decide to drink the obsession leaves me alone. Then it's well once I get to the store and get half way through that first craft beer I'm gonna feel much better. My AV promises, but never discloses how temporary and what follows.ÂÂ
With exercise its similar. My AV is replaced with come on you know you're going to feel better after a run. Alright dont worry about running yet why not just into a pair of shorts and do some stretching out. How hard is that. Once I do that first stretch it's on, but the voice doesn't disclose that. Once I'm stretched and dressed I mine as well go out the door. After a run, see I told you. Next morning, see i told you.ÂÂ
I dont exercise because i feel like it i exercise because it's time to. There are days when i feel like it and it's funny how on some off days I'm like i wish i could run today. The important workouts are the ones I don't feel like doing. I dont feel like being fat, I dont feel like flopping around the house drunk and stupid, I dont feel like being in poor health.ÂÂ
Old 05-09-2020, 08:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I watched a video on Youtube, Brene Brown talking about 'why our critics opinions don't matter'. It was great, and funny, too. Ate a grapefruit, started stew in the crock pot and played a computer game. Cleaned my room up a bit and now in a few I'm headed outdoors. Maybe plant some more flower seeds. But, it's cold here, too! 53 degrees. That's fahrenheit, I never learned celceus, but, for a Georgian it's downright frosty out there.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I just went for a walk in the countryside for 45 minutes and I'm starting to come out of the funk. When did I first post? - about three hours ago?

Three hours of not feeling great is not the end of the world. I feel tired and 'exercised' now so that's a good result. I'm just beginning to learn how to look after myself. I'm 40...that's so pathetic. But it's moving forward!!
Old 05-09-2020, 09:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I don't think it is pathetic at all love. I think it is commendable. s xx
Old 05-09-2020, 04:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

its just life b. It.s all good. Enjoy your day.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I was feeling really crappy today too. I went for a jog/walk when I got home from errands and made a fun snack. Felt a lot better. Reminded me that feelings come and go. Thank you for your post!