HELP. new to this, and trying to find a friend

Old 12-01-2004, 09:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation HELP. new to this, and trying to find a friend

hey, my name is sparkle. i just kinda stumbled on to this site...hoping it would help me find my friend austin. hes at some wilderness camp for drugs. if anyone knows how to contct mambers at that camp please tell me asap thank you. -sparkle
Old 12-02-2004, 12:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Hey sparkle...

Ever think that a good friend might want to give their friend some time to work on themselves? I'm not trying to be mean, just want you to consider that if Austin wanted to talk right now he would figure out a way to get ahold of you?

Very rarely do we end up in places where people can't call us by accident.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Oh, Sparkle?

You said you were new at this, so I went ahead and removed your e-mail address from your post. Yes, we have moderators...but we don't have any doors or windows that lock, k?
Old 12-02-2004, 02:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Sparkle,

I have a goldfish named Sparke!

My husband is in a 4 week alcohol recovery center. He was not allowed any contact with his family or friends for the first week. After that he used his calling card and made contact with me. When I call, I can leave a message for him to call me back. And we communicate via snail mail.

He says he is busy from sunrise to sunset with classes, chores, therapy sessions, etc.
I believe it's for the best. We are paying alot of money for this and if he wants to stay well he needs the full 28 days to prepare for the challenges of the outside world.

Oh yeah he referred to this place as "Boot Camp" LOL

Best regards to you and I hope when your friend comes home he'll be a changed person FOREVER.

Sandy
Old 12-02-2004, 12:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

I just want to agree with and say again what everyone else has said. If your friend is in a recovery program he needs privacy. The best support you can be is to wait for him to reach out to you. We all think we are the one thing our AF needs but what
they need is time to work on themselves by them selves. Not trying to sound cruel or unsupportive just trying to help you. Prayers for both of you.---Dee