Notices

Hoping to get Sober and Recover

Old 05-07-2020, 01:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hoping to get Sober and Recover

Hi all,
First post on sober recovery.ÂÂ
I'm hoping that by starting to post it'll help my motivation to get clean and stay clean again.
ÂÂ Been to occasional AA, NA, CA meetings over the past 3 years. The longest I managed clean was 43 days in that time.
Been off work over six weeks now due to lockdown and currently living alone. I've slipped into my old habits, maybe due to no routine and few responsibilities during the day...ÂÂ
Would be great to be on the straight and narrow when we finally come out of lockdown!ÂÂ
Current situation is I drank last night, used coke a couple of weeks ago, and I'm addicted to codeine which I use daily.ÂÂ
I hope anyone who reads this is well and able to stay clean today
Old 05-07-2020, 02:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome CharlesEdward,
The lockdown has been difficult for most of us as our daily routines were disrupted. I'm glad you decided to post here and that you're looking for support for yourself. We do understand how hard this is.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome.

It is really hard to do now, but you can do it. You deserve it.
Old 05-07-2020, 03:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Charles Edward
I don't think there's any good time to quit but support helps and you'll find a ton of that here.
I got sober and clean in the same house where I'd drink and drug so it's possible
D
Old 05-07-2020, 05:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey CharlesEdward
For what it’s worth, I drank when the sky was blue OR grey - when I was happy OR sad - when it was night OR day....... point being I always found a reason. Â I finally figured out that I needed to stop. Now it’s your turn. Â Maybe you can seek some medical help to get you off the substances so you can start your journey to recovery? Â You can do this.Â
Old 05-07-2020, 05:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's so good to meet you, CharlesEdward. SR saved me from a sick and sad situation. Once I posted here I felt encouraged and determined to reclaim my life. I know you can do it - welcome!
Old 05-07-2020, 08:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR CharlesEdward. It sounds as if your journey using goes way back before the COVID isolation began. I think all of us addicts are similar in that we love all sorts of different reasons and justifications for using. This COVID beast seems to be something that many inner addict voices latched right onto. But if not that, it would be something else. No time like the present. Sounds like your situation with using is pretty complex and I might seek out some medical advice and supervision if those things are possible.