Notices

64 days sober and want to party 😤

Old 05-04-2020, 12:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

64 days sober and want to party 😤

I haven't been on here for a few months. Been job searching over a year and this virus thing is not Bothering me. But not finding a job in my field is driving me crazy. I been searching for work over a year now. For the time be I have been doing food delivery which I make about the same as my career job but it's a full feeling and I'm working all the time. I really want to grab a 24 pack and just want to get drunk and space out for the time. The only problem is that I know the night will be for 7 days start. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
The craving is not bad at all but know it's creeping in my mind because around this time of sobriety is when I Convince myself I should drink. Which is way I'm posting this. That's all for now and yes I'm sober and hopefully I don't slip.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done on your 64 days sober. Yes, these are trying times for everyone but there are lots of people here who don't need to drink over the current circumstances.Sorry that you can't find work, I'm sure a job will turn up in the next while. Think of how bad you will feel the next day if you pick up and the next few days if you continue drinking.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drinkings not going to find you a job in your field - but you know that
Its not going to stop you worrying about it either - truth to tell you'll have more to worry about after a bender.
Try and turn your perspective around. You're employed and obviously making decent money.
A lot of folks can't say that
Looking through your old threads you seem to get to a point and drink again. The reasons vary but the results the same.
If there are problems in your llife - no matter what they are - there ha to be a better tool to solve the problem than booze.
Maybe you need a better recovery action plan?
Maybe this can be the time where you grasp your future instead of just hoping you can?
D
D
Old 05-04-2020, 01:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It wouldn't be much of a party I don't think.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

First congrats on your 64 days sober.

I understand the need or want to party and celebrate, esp, for this amount of time sober. Any amount of time sober for all alcoholics is good, but not great. It took years of alcohol abuse to our minds and bodies to do some damage there and will take time to correct it.

To change those bad habits, change our thinking all to healthy ones. We want to get rid of that stinking thinking as was explained and taught to many of us who are living a life in recovery.

I remember the pink cloud I was on after I spent 28days in rehab and completed a 6 week aftercare program back in August of 1990 as we were heading towards the Fall season and all the holidays ahead of me.

I took the lessons I learned and knowledge feed to me about my addiction and recovery program and sat outside in the shade listening to music or speaker meeting tapes and feeling the wind around me.

It was a cool freeing feeling around and inside me. Lifting me up in spirit knowing that I now have the tools of recovery to help me, guide me every step of the way to avoid slipping back into my old behavior which would and could return me back into my addiction.

I certainly didnt want to go back there and had to go to any lengths to remain sober no matter what. While I still celebrated in my heart and soul with my continued recovery, I did the footwork on a daily bases to help me build a strong recovery foundation to live upon moving forward in my life.

While, i help raised my little family, I took care of me to remain sober, because no one else was gonna do it. In fact, no one in my family understood my addiction and recovery but me.
So i surrounded myself with folks just like me in meeting rooms listening, learning, absorbing and applying all that I could each day to my life to keep what ive worked so hard to achieve on a daily bases.

Sure, i celebrated and yes it's okay to celebrate our personal accomplishments. But for all the right reasons. And if it off to be alone with music in my car, or a walk in the park surrounded by all of lifes amazing gifts in the trees, wind, flowers,birds, the sound of the surf if you have that......

I certainly had to learn that partying for me wasn't gonna be at the local clubs with all those patrons I use to call friends at one time. They may still be there, but for me, i wasnt because, by the grace of my HP- Higher Power, i was plucked from that scene and now I live a sober, serene, peaceful, happy, healthy, honest way of life. All the gifts that keep on giving each day I continue to maintain my sobriety.

That is worth celebrating for sure.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

So you want to party. Interest use of that term.
Go back and read all your day one posts. Then ask yourself, do I want to throw away 64 days sobriety for the devastation of my usual binge?
Old 05-04-2020, 06:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

64 days is a long time for an addict to stay clean. Congrats.

The brain damage caused by my decades of drinking started to drive me insane at around 80 days clean.

I was managing ok until then. I used the www and found SR.

Here I learned it takes years to get used to normal. The av will do and say anything to get me to drink for the rest of my life. I am an addict for life.

I am a bit sad this morning for this and that, but I know it would be 10x worse if I had relapsed last night.

I must look at the bright side starting with the fact that I have my health.

If I woke up this morning with a cold, I would be worried I caught the covid. That would suck suck suck.

It gets better and better from there. I am watching videos on Amazon music, having coffee, and feeling healthy as I can.

Love and Thanks.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have been on this site about 6 months and I am developing a translator of sorts for addict-speak. These are translations based on frequency of outcomes, but they are not absolutes and I want to be wrong in my translation every time.

Hopefully I Don't Slip = I Have Decided To Drink; or

Hopefully I Don't Slip = I Already Drank

Show me how wrong I am in your case WNNM. Don't drink and stay with us. You will not find a job in your chosen field of work if you are also struggling with alcohol. I very much admire you for finding work anyway and keeping at it.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It never ceases to amaze me - or should I say it saddens me greatly - that someone strong and great enough to quit drinking for weeks or months decides to stop being strong and great by drinking again.

Quitting for 64 days, WNNM, took guts and willpower that many people dont have. You must have something special to do that. It was bloody hard, wasnt it? Now use your talents and drive to do something great. Pouring alcohol down your throat is beneath you.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Drinking solves nothing. It isnt even any good, if it was you wouldnt be on SR and at 64 days without a drink.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Free.

Tough spot, WhyNotNowMe:

Do not give in to this craving.

Wake up sober and free, instead of parched, hurting and feeling horrible.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you don't lose your hard-earned 64 days of sobriety. These feelings will pass and things will look brighter.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
~sb

You can stay stopped, just for Today. One second, one minute at a time! You got this!!
Old 05-05-2020, 04:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

How's it going WhyNot NowMe?
D