Notices

Day 2

Old 05-02-2020, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Yesterday was a very difficult day in work as I had been drinking all night and through to the morning. Each second was like an hour.

Got home at 5 yesterday and went straight to bed. Got up about half out ago for some toast and a cup of tea.

Starting to feel better. I am staying sober 8 to 9 days in a row so that is an improvement.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Behind you 100%. YOU can do this.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Starting a feel a bit better although I have very bad guts which is not pleasant.

That decision to drink last August was a bad one. It’s been very difficult to get sober since then.

Seems reading posts 20 years of allcohollism seems to be a turning point for many.

I look back at last week how determined I was to stay sober how I told my boss how desperate I was to quit. Managed to overcome powerful cravings on Wednesday then caved in on Thursday.

I feel being unhappy almost everyday of my 20 years employment has been a big factor in my allcohollism.

In my office there are about 3 obvious alcoholics including me. Everyone drinks and conversations regarding alcohol take place every day.

It’s difficult very difficult!
Old 05-02-2020, 01:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Getting to day 9/10 days and moving on with sobriety is the difficulty at present.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Same here Stable. I had a good amount of sober time at one point and stupidly picked up again around 6 months ago. Didn’t take long for my drinking to return to harmful levels. Like you, finding my way back and getting more than 10 days in a row has just seemed impossible. I drink, and really really mean it when I say I am not doing this to myself again and within the week I drink again. Just got to keep trying.
Old 05-02-2020, 04:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am staying sober 8 to 9 days in a row so that is an improvement.
That is an improvement but don't rest on your laurels.
Add something, whatever that something, or somethings are, that help you accept the idea that recovery can and should be permanent - not just a 8-10 day thing,
D
Old 05-03-2020, 09:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
That is an improvement but don't rest on your laurels.
Add something, whatever that something, or somethings are, that help you accept the idea that recovery can and should be permanent - not just a 8-10 day thing,
D
I felt that as well, my mind set got stuck in a 2 week program. I keep relapsing around tye 2 week mark. It used to be I would be good then relapse after 1 months time. Binge on pills then go through withdrawal then be good again. Today I work on day 6 no pills. I gotta get passed that mind set of thinking hey I've been good for this time I can binge a little bit. It's been the same way with alcohol but it's been a little over 7 years since I drank any alcohol. Not sure but after I stopped drinking and got some time sober, the craving for drinking hasn't been so overwhelming. Hopefully with some time the craving for pills will not be that overwhelming. Any have a great day.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
AA Member

How are you today Stable?