Notices

I come in peace, and very humble.

Old 04-26-2020, 01:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I come in peace, and very humble.

I have relapsed again. I have drank a fifth of rum, a fifith of vodka, and 2 bottles of wine. Its 3AM where I live and I'm wide awake wondering if I need to go to the hospital.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Re: I come in peace, and very humble.

Sorry to hear that you're struggling and I know that feeling about being wide awake in the middle of the night - not nice If you need medical help, go for it. I'm not sure of the situation over now about detox, etc. Best of luck.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear that Jeff.

Maybe its time to consider doing all those things you've been reluctant to do in the past - AA or some other kind of meetings,seeing a Doctor or addictions counsellor,

I think you need to learn to reach out too. You can stop yourself from a bender,you can reach out here.
I know you PMed me but you said nothing about being in trouble man, and I can't always read between the lines.

A extra sentence to me might have led you off onto another path and resulted in a vastly different day for you today,

It takes hard work and effort, and difficult choices, to stay sober. I know you're familiar with all those things.

Fight for your life Jeff.

D
Old 04-26-2020, 02:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Damn Jeff. So sorry to hear that you decided to drink. I'm glad you're here but wish you checked in before. Something(s) need to change for you - what are they going to be?
Old 04-26-2020, 04:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am in a pathetic place right now, Need to get my head right. Still having site issues??
Old 04-26-2020, 04:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

The site issues should be largely fixed Jeff - but honestly they're not your biggest problem right now.
You had a great run there of sober time but it's time to ackowledge you're no longer in recovery right now.
You need to act - and if you can't fix this yourself you need to call in some help, man..
D
Old 04-26-2020, 05:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Jeff. You help so many people on this site with your wisdom and support. I wish there was more that we could do for you in return. My guess is that you can get some good medical help, even prescriptions, on your laptop these days if you need it but I don't know. That is a scary amount of booze you ingested and you should definitely get with the medical community in some fashion this morning.
Old 04-26-2020, 06:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Jeff, I know you are having a hard time with many things and this current relapse may be related to that. Just another reason to do more for your mental health and recovery in a consistent manner, I completely agree with Dee and others on that. I have the impression that you have a tendency for starting many good things but then they get lost somehow... wonder why that is. You always come back here humble, but maybe turn that around and try to be transparent and open while you are having those drinking urges and feeling unstable, not after the fact? How could you achieve that? On SR, maybe join one of the ongoing threads that you like best and post daily about whatever is on your mind, even if not strictly about drinking. Integrating into community in that way helps many people, it can also be a way to remain accountable consistently... not necessarily to the community but to yourself. I personally always find that more interesting, motivating and helpful than having my own threads sporadically - that was the case when I struggled with drinking and also several years sober.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jeff, maybe go to sleep, wake up and see how you feel?
You can figure out why this happened later.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Jeff. Ugh. If you drank all that in one go...a bender, you might consider calling your dr. Maybe a video apt and they can help you with detox? Normally that wouldn't be a thing but maybe now. Going to the hospital sounds undesirable right now but if its the difference between getting sober and continuing to drink, I'd take the hospital for sure.
Hang in there.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jeff, if you are concerned, go to an ER or at least, try to contact your doctor. I'm sorry that you drank but it's good that you're back here and ready to get back to your sobriety.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

jeff, a few days ago you reported on a buddy of yours calling you in the early morning, drunk. you said it was very sad and you offered to give him a ride to detox. is that offer still relevant for your own current condition?
Old 04-26-2020, 07:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

So sorry Jeff. I agree, call your doctor if you can. Do you have any nurses there that work privately on the side and can come to your house and give you an IV drip of fluids, thus avoiding the hospital?
Old 04-26-2020, 10:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Jeff, I agree with everyone else and hope you get some medical attention, as well as some help to get back on track with recovery. Wishing you the best.
Old 04-26-2020, 10:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

How are you feeling now Jeff? Hopefully you're feeling a bit better though it might take a few days before you start to feel much better. The first day or two is the worst but if you are feeling ill please call for help.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey, you caught me in a coma and I don't think IWanna ever come back to this world again Kinda like it in a coma 'cause no one's ever gonna Oh, make me come back to this world againNow, I feel as if I'm floating away I can't feel all the pressure, and I like it this way But my body's calling, my body's calling:"Won't you come back to this world again?"Suspended deep in a sea of black I've got the light at the end, I've got the bones on the mast Well, I've gone sailing, I've gone sailingI could leave so easily, my friends are calling back to meI said, they're, they're leavin' it all up to meWhen all I needed was clarity, andSomeone to tell me what the **** is goin' onGoddamn it
Old 04-26-2020, 01:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You live your life like it's a coma, won't you tell me why we'd wanna? With all the reasons you give, it's, it's kinda hard to believeBut who am I to tell you that I've seen any reason why you should stay?Maybe we'd be better off without you, anyway You got a one-way ticket, on your last chance ride Got a one-way ticket to your suicideGot a one-way ticket, and there's no way out alive An' all this crass communication that has left you in the cold Isn't much for consolation when you feel so weak and old But if home is where the heart is, then there's stories to be told No, you don't need a doctor, no one else can heal your soul Got your mind in submission, got your life on the line But nobody pulled the trigger, they just stepped aside They be down by the water while you watch 'em waving goodbye They be calling in the morning, they be hanging on the phone They be waiting for an answer, but you know nobody's home When the bell's stopped ringing it was nobody's fault, but your own
Old 04-26-2020, 01:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

No one's going to bother me anymore No one's going to mess with my head no more I can't understand what all the fightin's forBut it's so nice here, down off the shore I wish you could see this, 'cause there's nothing to seeI t's peaceful here and it's fine with meNot like the world where I used to live I never really wanted to live, ah
Old 04-26-2020, 01:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Are you okay?
Old 04-26-2020, 01:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Jeff,
Is your wife home with you? Can she call your counselor, or an emergency number to get you some help right now. I really do think that you need to get yourself into some sort of program, I hope you will be able to do that.
I know the thought of the ER is scary right now, but calling the emergency number to let them know how you’re feeling should allow them to admit you to the psychiatric ward, they can help you get the help you need. I hope you will make that call.
❤️ Delilah