Notices

new to all of this

Old 12-01-2004, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new to all of this

Hi everyone. I'm new to all this and really don't know where to begin. I've been reading and hopping around for about an hour now. I'm in an abusive relationship with a drug and alcohol abuser. I have stuck it out for 15 years now and don't think I can tolerate it any longer. He just recently broke my foot in one of his rages. I'm afraid anymore to even try talking to him about his problems. He won't leave and I can't. I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm glad to have found this site. You all seem so friendly and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Clipped !
I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I was married to an alcoholic husband for 20 years and, even though he wasn't violent, I know some of what you are going through.

There is something you can do. It really helps to talk to others who understand. Please post in the "Friends and Family" or "Naranon" forums. There are lots of great people there.

Please stay safe and have an escape plan just in case. You can figure this out and we're all here to help you.
Hugs - L
Old 12-01-2004, 09:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by clippedwings
He won't leave and I can't.
WHY NOT????
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-02-2004, 02:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Hello welcome to SR you will find a lot of suport of people who are goin' through the same as you..Especialy on the section al anon(friends and family of alcholics)or nar anon if drugs is the problem..Of course you can keep posting here(we can learn a lot of eachother)I wish you all the best (also with your foot)...Welcome!Love from Stefanie
Old 12-02-2004, 02:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

what worries me is the violence......... he already broke your foot. Next time what will it be?

You say you can't leave. You might want to do some heavy thinking about that!
Old 12-02-2004, 02:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

I have stuck it out for 15 years now and don't think I can tolerate it any longer. He just recently broke my foot in one of his rages. I'm afraid anymore to even try talking to him about his problems. He won't leave and I can't.
As eddie z. put it, why not? "Can't" is a very powerful word and best reserved for the truly impossible as in "I can't fly to the moon on gossamer wings." If you choose not to leave, I urge you to get yourself some support to help you deal with your situation. Alanon is good bet and also the friends and family section here on SR. If the man broke your foot, I'd be worried about what else he might do in one of his rages.

At the end of the day, this is your life you are talking about. Even if the worst never happens and he doesn't end up taking it from you in one of his rages, do you really want to spend the rest of it tolerating an abusive relationship? Life, as I understand it these days, is not supposed to be that way.

One Love, One Heart, Jah Bless
Old 12-02-2004, 04:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Right now financially would not be a good time for me to leave. I have three children (and two dogs) and am out of work for at least eight weeks. I know after I am back to work I will be working on getting out. I just don't understand why he (being only one person) refuses to leave. My 'A' abuses, alcohol, pot, crack and cocaine.
Even with the concrete proof I find he insists he's not using!!! I am trying to keep myself and the children safe while we are here by 'walking on eggshells'. my oldest is always telling me he would not go with me if i leave. He loves where he lives, the area the property.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Clipped,

There are shelters in most cities that will offer good assistance to women with children who are leaving abusive relationships. They can also help you to get back on your feet, find you a place to live, etc. It is not good for you and it's not good for your children to grow up seeing violence in their home. I hope you rethink your choice.

Please keep posting.

Love, Anna
Old 12-02-2004, 06:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I it posible to get him out and a restraining order put on him, you and the rest of your family are to precious to continue with thi violence and abuse. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.
safe hugs indigo
Be kind to yourself
Old 12-02-2004, 08:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your prayers and posts. I will keep posting. Right now I am trying to keep things "quiet" till I can do something about my situation.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Thank you all for your prayers and posts. I will keep posting. Right now I am trying to keep things "quiet" till I can do something about my situation.
I wish u all the strenght u need too make a right disicion...Love from Stefanie
Old 12-03-2004, 06:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Check this out!
I wish you well, clippedwings! You're in my prayers as well.
Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-04-2004, 08:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ama

Hello And Welcome........Just leave - you must - as you are damaging yourself and enabling him. I wish you luck and happiness in a sober environment. Luvs Ama
Old 12-05-2004, 05:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
shammy

please try this

Hi clipped:
Do you have a YWCA in your area? I am a retired YWCA employee and I'll tell ya....you'd be welcomed with open arms.

And keep posting here...I love these people and so will you.

((hugs))
shammy