Don’t know what to do

Old 04-19-2020, 06:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Don’t know what to do

So I am at a loss. I don’t know what to do. My son stayed with my AH husband the past couple days. If you go back and read my prior post my daughter wouldn’t go. He acted crazy. Anyways. I was supposed to get my son this morning. My husband called and asked if my daughter could come and spend some time with him. He was very calm. She said she wanted to go she just wanted me to get her in the morning. So we go up there and he comes out without my son and said that I could get my daughter back when I brought my son back. He said to her she is gonna stay for a few days. And she flipped out. Said she wasn’t going. I said don’t do this. I will get her in the morning. And he refused to let my son come to my car. Wouldn’t let him even get close to me. And said if I didn’t comply with what he wanted I couldn’t have my son back. And we don’t have court until June 4th. I called the sherriffs department. They won’t do anything unless we have papers. Wouldn’t even come up there. I called and talked to the magistrate. They won’t do anything. Nothing. Other than they said I need to get my son and then get a restraining order against him. Well that would be great. If I could get my son. My son is terrified of him. So he wouldn’t do anything defiant to him. I have cried all day. I hate him so bad. And I have no idea what to do. I’m so pissed. Because I have went by the book and tried so hard to be on my best behavior. Don’t rock the boat. And he is such a jerk. He said he’s filed for full custody. I laughed at him. Who the hell would give him custody. Really??? Does anyone have any advice on what to do??
Old 04-19-2020, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

You can call a domestic violence help line and they will walk you through the steps required, as well as knowing the best legal help. Do you have some support like friends or family you can call on right now?

This is beyond serious, and you can't handle it on your own. Sorry you're in this position.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
You can call a domestic violence help line and they will walk you through the steps required, as well as knowing the best legal help. Do you have some support like friends or family you can call on right now?

This is beyond serious, and you can't handle it on your own. Sorry you're in this position.
yes I have friends and family that are all willing to help any way they can. We just don’t know what to do.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

KC, what a horrible situation. I would call your attorney first thing in the morning and get legal advice. I can't believe the sheriff won't do anything! I'm so sorry, I'd be losing my mind if someone threatened to take my kid from me. ((hugs))
Old 04-19-2020, 08:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I also can't believe he is doing this to his own children! I'm sure you have documented everything, I would continue to do so and really build a case.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

kc......Perhaps, this doesn't need to be said (again)...but, continue to keep a journal to record all these kinds of interactions.....especially, dates, times, and details.

Also, make a police report....

I am not a lawyer, of course....but, I remember hearing that. in court..."He with the most paper, wins"...…

I agree, that consulting with your lawyer is the best thing....and, if you don't have a sympathetic lawyer....you can get a recommendation from your local domestic violence organization.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well I called my lawyer he’s in court today. So I haven’t heard back yet. I went to the court house. They can’t do anything. But I did ask if he had filed papers yet and he has. He filed custody and divorce papers. The custody papers are crazy. I am again in complete shock. He has filed for full custody. Stating I pay him child support and that I pay his attorney fees. His reasoning is I am verbally abusive and I belittle him in front of our children. Even after he pleas with me not to argue in front of the kids. Oh my gosh!!! Who the hell is he. I can’t believe any of this. This stuff he said in those papers are absolutely ridiculous. My heart is again broken all over again. I again don’t even know what to do.

one good thing. I found a house to rent!!!
Old 04-20-2020, 03:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Old 04-22-2020, 09:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living in the moment

Ditto on reaching out to domestic violence help centers and hotlines. If you reach an obstacle, keep trying!

This isn't okay. Do whatever you need to and have good support with you every bit of the way.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Re: Don’t know what to do

KC, any update?
Old 05-05-2020, 07:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nd819 View Post
KC, any update?
Well some things are better and some not. The better. I have a place to rent and have gotten completely moved in. We have been working hard to make it a home. The kids are really happy. I’ve been working hard with my lawyer to get custody straighten out. Everything I throw out of course AH husband shoots down. He wants everything his way. Of course. We are doing a trial run schedule starting yesterday. And my lawyer suggested to him that we do family counseling. And guess what. He said no. And of course I got blamed. I was being unreasonable. We don’t need it. He’s been a great dad. And loves his kids. And he’s not nothing and it’s just ridiculous that was suggested. I didn’t even respond to his message. He wants everything his way. And just demands and isn’t willing to do anything. It drives me crazy. I don’t even know what to say
Old 05-05-2020, 08:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

kc, sometimes, when you don't know what to say, it is best to not say anything, at all. I am glad that you are getting legal counsel. Sometimes, it is best to let your lawyer do the talking for you.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Thinking of you KC. You're doing fine, just holding a steady course, one step at a time.
People who are unreasonable in divorce negotiations often just shoot themselves in the foot. I agree with Dandy, just do the reasonable think and let him expend his energy uselessly.