Notices

Day 3

Old 04-09-2020, 11:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Well i made it to day 3.
I feel pretty normal no symptoms or concerns but I have notice I feel more irritable. I had off of work yesterday and today and now I just feel so bored I sat and watched tv and browsed my phone most of the day. I did contemplate getting drunk but found strength not to. I did light house cleaning but not much was needed today. I just wish I could get out of my house to do something. Whether it be going to the gym, shopping or just people watching. I've always been an at home closet drinker so me being at home is hard right now.

Has anyone else found it more challenging being at home trying to stay sober?

Last edited by Ashleymadison; 04-09-2020 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Wanted to add more
Old 04-09-2020, 11:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ashley

Congrats on day 3. I'm really a home body so staying at home is not that hard for me. I used to drink all day tho, so I needed to keep busy for a little while.

It doesn't have to be work busy or chores busy - not all the time.

Think about hobbies and interests and things you'd like to do that you can do from home...watch some favourite tv , favourite books or music?

there's some more ideas here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ething-do.html (Looking For Something To Do?)

D
Old 04-09-2020, 11:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Ashley

Congrats on day 3. I'm really a home body so staying at home is not that hard for me. I used to drink all day tho, so I needed to keep busy for a little while.

It doesn't have to be work busy or chores busy - not all the time.

Think about hobbies and interests and things you'd like to do that you can do from home...watch some favourite tv , favourite books

D
Thank you I'll have to check those out!

Also my husband is now working from home and typically when hes not home and I have a day off during the week, I love blastimg some happy music and either find something to clean or organize and now I have to be somewhat quiet since he gets alot of company calls throughout the day.

Just alot of adjustments lately on my end
Old 04-10-2020, 12:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have been browsing my phone/internet and watching TV for weeks now. I do get out for walks when I feel stir-crazy. I miss the simple act of just sitting down in a coffee shop to just get out of my apartment. Although, small sacrifice compared to what's going on in so many hot-spots of the virus. I'm not exactly saving the world by watching movies at home haha
Old 04-10-2020, 01:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ashleymadison View Post
Well i made it to day 3.
I feel pretty normal no symptoms or concerns but I have notice I feel more irritable. I had off of work yesterday and today and now I just feel so bored I sat and watched tv and browsed my phone most of the day. I did contemplate getting drunk but found strength not to. I did light house cleaning but not much was needed today. I just wish I could get out of my house to do something. Whether it be going to the gym, shopping or just people watching. I've always been an at home closet drinker so me being at home is hard right now.

Has anyone else found it more challenging being at home trying to stay sober?
I have been playing this a while tonight.

Chrome Music Lab - Very fun!!!
Old 04-10-2020, 01:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Samantha

Congrats on day 3.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats!