Notices

A new start

Old 04-07-2020, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A new start

Finally messed up bigtime, coming here for support. Been dealing with pain for a while now, marijuana used to give me relief but gave it up so as not to jeopardize my job. Started drinking beer then resorted to liquor when that quit working. Im also prescribed a sleeping pill due to insomnia from the pain. Well I woke up in the ER the other morning, apparently drank to much took my sleeping pill and list control. I remember none of it. My last memory of the night was sitting on the couch with my family watching our favorite show. It's amazing how fast it can go from a peaceful night to chaos. My wife no longer wants anything to do with me, im kicked out of the house and I really scared the kids from what I understand. I feel horrible and ashamed about the situation and am determined to turn this around. Going to focus on good health, exercise attempting to mend relationships and putting family first. Wish me luck.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm sorry about what happened to you. I'm glad you're ready to embrace sobriety.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your situation- sounds very scary what happened to you. You'll find great support here now.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mr

Welcome Luke.
It's good to have you here.
Well done for choosing Sobriety.
You will never regret it.
Stay safe
Vinny
Old 04-07-2020, 10:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Welcome Luke! You’ll find lots of support here from some of the most wonderful people x
Old 04-07-2020, 10:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Forward! You can do this! Thank you for sharing.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nice to meet you, Luke. Chin up, you sound very motivated indeed, make sobriety Priority Number One in your life. Nothing is more important right now, and nothing is more rewarding in your near future.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry this happened to you Luke and the saddest thing is this kind of "fixing" stuff takes a lot of time.....rebuilding trust is hard....and although I do not agree it is a "disease" I do believe that there are people that use substances because they don't know how to cope with life and once they put it in their bodies they don't have further control....We always have control over drink #1 or drug #1 but after that....no control.

I'm so sorry and I hope you find a way to get whatever will help you to not have to feel like reaching for a drink or a drug in the future so that you can come out on top in all of this.

All that SAID..you do have rights to see your kids...because of the situation you will probably be required to have supervised visitation but that is OK it is better than none...I would get in touch with Family courts and find the forms to fill out for visitation rights.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Luke - I'm sorry you went through that. Very glad you found us - we're a friendly & encouraging group. Please let us know how it's going.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support everyone. It's nice knowing I have a place to communicate what's going on in this difficult time. I will try to utilize this fourm to stay positive although it is hard to do. Still in shock over what happened but I will move forward. Sobriety and family are number one and it will take time. Going good so far but afraid of the backlash to come. One day at a time. Thanks for listening.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Luke - the good thing is you can stop the descent and build from this

D
Old 04-08-2020, 05:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Yes, it will be hard at first, but the rewards for staying sober are many. You'll find lots of support here.