Notices

Midnight will mark a week... Having some cravings

Old 04-06-2020, 02:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Midnight will mark a week... Having some cravings

So things are going well... I rode about 6 miles yesterday on my bike which is my favorite activity and the good day, sun and fresh air did have me craving... With me its not sadness or stress that make me want to use its usually when im in a really good mood and i start thinking i could make it even better with the help of a substance.

Today my energy level is through the roof... Im hydrated, been taking my iron, getting a lot done etc but every 15 min or so i think hmm what if i could get drugs i would feel even better. I know its a lie and an obsession. Right now i am just thinking back of how i suffered just 7 days ago and how terrifying it was im still having anxiety and high blood pressure... Drugs are the last thing i need i know that... Guess i just wanted to talk that out...ive decided i am not putting myself through it again. I have class at 10am which i would surely cancel if i get messed up... And im starting to feel so much better i dont want to undo this...

I will remain sober today... Thanks for listening!

Hope everyone is well!

​​​​
Old 04-06-2020, 03:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey rsanchez

A week is great - congratulations
W hat do you usually do when you have cravings?

there are some good tips here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html
Old 04-06-2020, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A week is good! Build on the momentum.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good question

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
hey rsanchez

A week is great - congratulations
W hat do you usually do when you have cravings?

there are some good tips here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html
I used to go to meetings or come on here and read. Or eat candy lol... I keep hearing physical activity helps. I checked out that link... Even after making thia post i considered the notion a hundred more times😬😬thankful that im now in my bed... I kept reminding myself of how scary it was the other day needing medical attention especially in this current climate... Going to have to bite the bullet and search for an online meeting tomorrow.... I don't necessarily like them but I really need some extra support if I'm going to make it through another day I think
Old 04-07-2020, 07:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

search: Urge Surfing

journal, exercise, clean the bathroom (yeah, it works) and maybe read a book.

Something needs to keep you busy!
Old 04-07-2020, 07:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fantastic job on getting through a week. I know you will find that the cravings will lessen as you move on. Every time you get through a craving, it will make a bit easier next time. I'm glad to hear you're feeling good.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry your feeling this way.
I know this feeling well....the question I always ask myself is why? Do I want to wreck this? And most times I end up wrecking it anyway.

This in all seriousness is a very scary feeling for me it is never enough to hear......you have been doing good...keep it up!....When I feel like this..I really need a distraction....since tonight is midnight....I would try and make sure I had some plans set up for tomorrow like find a zoom meeting and talk about this...and then another meeting...on line...and then another one...until your convinced ….hopefully your AV/drug voice can be silenced.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Be strong Rsanchez, for yourself and your son.
It will get easier each time you beat a craving.
Old 04-07-2020, 03:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for responding

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
I'm sorry your feeling this way.
I know this feeling well....the question I always ask myself is why? Do I want to wreck this? And most times I end up wrecking it anyway.

This in all seriousness is a very scary feeling for me it is never enough to hear......you have been doing good...keep it up!....When I feel like this..I really need a distraction....since tonight is midnight....I would try and make sure I had some plans set up for tomorrow like find a zoom meeting and talk about this...and then another meeting...on line...and then another one...until your convinced ….hopefully your AV/drug voice can be silenced.

Not sure why i want to wreck it sometimes. I dont think its nessicarily intentional its just a habit and i think it will feel good and at some point i realize or decide i want to feel high more than im commited to sobriety and that's it really...

Even today sun in shining, im listening to music and feeling good.... ive been reading the what made it stick thread here on the board all day and ive been inspired... Reminding me of why i need to stop....

Then all of a sudden again im obsessively thinking of using.... I dont know if 5 o clock is my witching hour or what.... 🤦🏽*♀️🤦🏽*♀️Going to stay on here a while and keep reading
​​​​​​The only thing stopping me from calling my dealer is that im afraid i will die.
​​​
Old 04-08-2020, 09:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think Naltrexone helped reduce cravings for me in early recovery. You could talk online with your doctor about that.