How being under “lockdown” shows true intentions.

Old 04-06-2020, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How being under “lockdown” shows true intentions.

Hi y’all, I hope everyone is doing good. How is everyone doing under “lockdown”? I’ve been trying to keep busy around the house. My days are filled with helping my kids with homework and doing my own homework. I also decided to spruce up my house a bit my changing all the door knobs to match. Amazon has been my best friend lately : )

Yesterday after I made my kids breakfast, I received a Snapchat notification from a male “friend” of mine. It was a video of my AXH and his GF at Walmart shopping. My first thought was why is he sending me this? Second, I couldn’t help but feel angry. I have not heard from him in about a month. He has not at all checked on the kids during this pandemic. I sent him an email (I have blocked him from my phone, we are now only communicating through email) stating it was best that the kids stay home during this pandemic since they both have asthma. I’ve been supervising visits since public places and businesses are closed there are little options and overall it is best to keep them home. He never emailed me back. My older son’s phone remains on. He has not contacted him. I haven’t received any child support in about a month now. He got a new job in February. He didn’t want to tell me where so I won’t have child support withdrawn from his check. His GF hasn’t came around my house ever since the “lockdown” was ordered in California. It took for that to be set in place for her to stop coming around. My AXH is definitely a lost man. My overall thought about the video is pity for him. My children deserve a better father. It’s been peaceful for the last month. My kids and I are healthy and safe. Im thankful. Im feeling a type of way about the person that sent me the video. He has sent me a picture of my ex-husband driving down the rode while he was out on a run. I’m confused on why he keeps sending me pics and videos of him. I feel like I need to ask this person to stop sending me anything regarding him. Anything regarding my ex is very sensitive subject for me. I just don’t want to seem rude about it when I address it. The intentions of my AXH are very clear. Now I’m trying to figure out the intentions of my friend. Do you think I am wrong for feeling a certain type of way?
Old 04-06-2020, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

mamabear…...I don't think you are "wrong". We feel how we feel. All feelings are real.....it is how we DEAL with our feelings is what we have to deal with.

I think that you are getting more information and clarity about your ex husband. The more information and clarity that you have....the more you can live in reality. Life makes much more sense when you are living in reality....
Old 04-06-2020, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This could be just me but,your 'friend' sounds kinda creepy to keep doing that. Who pulls out their phone and vids/takes pictures of someone's ex to send to them? Seems really odd.. again.. could just be me.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

It's not just you, Don't Remember. I think it's creepy too. This "friend" sounds like someone who likes to start shyte. I would tell him, in no uncertain terms, to stop sending these things and if he doesn't, he would be blocked.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I would ask your friend why he is sending you these messages. His intentions may be good?

I wouldn't let it ruin your friendship without asking first, before you react.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
mamabear…...I don't think you are "wrong". We feel how we feel. All feelings are real.....it is how we DEAL with our feelings is what we have to deal with.

I think that you are getting more information and clarity about your ex husband. The more information and clarity that you have....the more you can live in reality. Life makes much more sense when you are living in reality....
Thank you Dandylion. I do still feel like I’m in bad dream. I never thought he would stoop as low as he has. However, the thing I dread is when he does try to come around he often uses that opportunity to abuse me verbally. If he would refrain from blaming me for all of his mishaps then I wouldn’t really have an opinion about him or whatever he is doing. He likes to play the victim all the time and paint me out to be the big bad wolf when in fact I have been the only stable parent my kids have.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
This could be just me but,your 'friend' sounds kinda creepy to keep doing that. Who pulls out their phone and vids/takes pictures of someone's ex to send to them? Seems really odd.. again.. could just be me.

I certainly wouldn’t do that to one of my friends. It just disturbs my peace when he does this. I am at home minding my own business then I see something that is not my business. I don’t really care to be involved in what he does when my kids aren’t around him.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
It's not just you, Don't Remember. I think it's creepy too. This "friend" sounds like someone who likes to start shyte. I would tell him, in no uncertain terms, to stop sending these things and if he doesn't, he would be blocked.
I definitely am going to have to have a conversation about this.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
I would ask your friend why he is sending you these messages. His intentions may be good?

I wouldn't let it ruin your friendship without asking first, before you react.

I’m trying to not let it ruin our friendship. I just am hesitant on opening up Snapchat’s from him now haha

I feel like if I explain to him my feelings I think he would understand and stop. I have no desire to get any information about my ex when my children aren’t with him. If my children are with them and he doing something that is violating our court order and/or putting them endanger would be a different thing.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It is creepy. That is simply wrong. I wouldn't use the word "friend" when talking about him. It's not only creepy, it's sick.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadEast View Post
It is creepy. That is simply wrong. I wouldn't use the word "friend" when talking about him. It's not only creepy, it's sick.
I would have to agree that is why I put quotes around the word "friend" haha

He has been trying to reach out and talk to me today throughout the day. I think he knows something is up. I feel uncomfortable responding to any type of communication. Im very disappointed.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mamabear26 View Post
I would have to agree that is why I put quotes around the word "friend" haha

He has been trying to reach out and talk to me today throughout the day. I think he knows something is up. I feel uncomfortable responding to any type of communication. Im very disappointed.
Haha... there's some strange cats in the world! There's a lot of good people too.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I feel like if I explain to him my feelings I think he would understand and stop.

when we erect a boundary, we do not have to explain why or how we feel. we can simply say: I am requesting immediately that you stop sending me any information about my ex.

then if you receive one single additional tidbit, photo or reference, you cease all communication with this person.

i am curious why you keep the lines of communication open with someone you have to put quotes around the term friend?
Old 04-08-2020, 10:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

A strange thing for a "friend" to do.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I think it's about intention really? He may think he is giving you ammunition for court or just backing up that your ex is a "really bad guy". Hard to say. I think it's great that you are willing to speak to him. Not everyone has bad intentions, even though it may seem so on the surface?

I will be interested to see what his response is and whether it rings true to you.