Notices

Are we ant different?

Old 04-02-2020, 08:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Are we ant different?

I had been months clean already but had been following sweetiechicks story for years. I related to her after many years. I left here and came back under another another name after years of being brushed off by my inability to get sober. Just like her. I almost ended my life over it. No one else wanted to believe me or have hope in me. Just like her. But she kept coming back only to be turned away. Some of us are a lot sicker then anyone who will ever join this forum are. I was. I had to change my name and start over for people to SEE me an not my addiction. I was being judged over and over again by the same people who probably judged someone to death . Just because you have been sober for "x" amount of times does not make your title different or more superior. YOU are still an addict. YOU are still an alcoholic and YOU are still a drug user. You are no better and superior to her or any other person suffering just because you now "get it." It took me 13 years to get it, yet you banished her for less. You claim it wasn't good for other members, but praise AA. If she went o AA everyday with those same complaints you would love and accept her the same. But because it's online you could treat her anyway you wanted to without a face to face consequence. SO please tell me why this is such a great support resource?
Old 04-02-2020, 08:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I got sober because of this website and the people here. I remain sober because of the same.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am sure this thread will get shut, but it wasn't her relapses, it was the two drunk driving episodes, then she got mouthy with an admin. That's what I saw at least, impaired with no remorse and fighting about it.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If by pretense, a lawyer wanted to press charges against this site for shunning her away before taking he life, it could and most likely would be held up in court. Not that legal objections should make people WANT to help someone. But sometimes people will be helpless and that's the time where they need you the most.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyLittleHorsie View Post
I am sure this thread will get shut, but it wasn't her relapses, it was the two drunk driving episodes, then she got mouthy with an admin. That's what I saw at least, impaired with no remorse and fighting about it.
Of course it will get shut.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, this site saved my life and I know I'm not the only one.

Sometimes its true, even with the support here, some people need more than SR.

Maybe they need face to face contact as well, maybe they need to make more changes to make recovery stick or maybe they're just not prepared to stop drinking and drugging yet.

I'm constantly amazed at the continuous support patience and love people get here tho.

If you disagree with that I'd be sad - but there are probably other online recovery communities around if you feel this one has let you or someone else down.

As for particular members - some stay, some go, and some (a very small number) are banned or timed ou,t for various rule breaks and things most of the community will know nothing or very little about.

The member you refer to left of her own accord.

It wouldn't be fair to make this thread about her as she's not a member, just as it wouldn't be fair to make a thread about me if I left.

Happy to help you tho, Lucy - whats your story right now?
D
Old 04-02-2020, 08:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

SR shut her out many times or shut her threads down when it didn't accomodate your liking.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

so thats a no on talking about you instead then Lucy?

D
Old 04-02-2020, 08:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My story is fine. It's not fine when people die from lack of attention because they feel it isn't worth their time anymore.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

OK - I have to close this thread then

rule 4
It is also our policy not to allow threads that are purely to announce that you are unhappy here and "leaving the site'" or to post threads discussing why someone left or was banned. Such posts often detract from our purpose of providing support in recovery. Posts of this nature may be removed and continued posting of this nature could jeopardize your membership. If you wish to “leave” SR or just take a break from the site you are welcome to notify your friends via the Private Message feature.
Dee
Administrator
SR