Notices

I Am Lost!

Old 11-30-2004, 03:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Am Lost!

I haven't the slightest idea of who I have become, I only know that I am tired of hurting people and want God to forgive me. Don't want to run anymore and want the world to know how sorry I am for the things I have done. I can NOT live like this any more. Just don't know where to start.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Shaun,

Welcome! You've come to a great place for support. You can regain control of your life. This is a good place to start. What can we do for you?

Anna
Old 11-30-2004, 04:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Shaun...

Just don't know where to start.
You've already started...

Realizing that your hurting people is a big wake up...
And God always forgives us if we ask with a sincere heart and soul.
I hope you come back and tell us more about yourself and your pain.

A warm welcome to Sober Recovery.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Shaun,
I have felt the same way!But thank God,He gave me the strength to find my way home.He's always there for you,Shaun.No matter what you do or say He is waiting right there with you!
This is a good place to tell you troubles,find help,and get some healing.Don't give up.The hardest thing I ever did was forgive myself!Don't let the guilt overpower you.You can overcome whatever you are fighting and God will forgive whatever you have done.I will be praying for you!
God bless you,Shaun.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on regaining some sanity

The best place to find some direction is AT A MEETING! GO! Now! Do not wait for even one more hour! Use the links at the bottom of this page to hook up with one or more of the groups that can help -- whether it be AA, NA, Gamblers Anonymous, or whatever.

Meetings will seem strange at first, but if you open yourself up to some of the wisdom that our experiences (both good and bad) have taught us you will find understanding and hope in the meetings. It is important to LISTEN and TAKE ADVICE without getting upset. I didn't much like listening to advice, until my attempts at sobriety fell apart in a matter of months. Once I finally listened and found a sponsor to help me make sense of my confused thinking I started to come out of the giant, dark hole I was living in.

The Big Book helped me to understand more about how my thought patterns were messing me up, too.

GO! NOW! Find a meeting!
Old 11-30-2004, 05:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
new life

Hello Shaun and welcome! As above, you have already taken the first step!

Don't dwell on negative events that has happen in the past,
focus your thinking towards a fresh new beginning!
TC mikee
Old 11-30-2004, 05:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

P.S.,

I should also mention that any good and decent church pastor can help you establish a better relationship with God. Don't fall into the "feel good" trap; God prefers us to want to do the right things in life, but sometimes doing the right thing is very hard to swallow. So if anyone tells you that spiritual matters are about "doing what feels right" you should turn away from that. Also don't feel like God is condemning you, no matter what anyone says, because God just wants a better relationship with you and He is a gentleman...He will never force you to do anything, and He knows your limitations.

God will accept you just the way you are, but He DOES want you to do your best in life. None of us is anywhere close to God's glorious perfection, but I believe that AA hits it on the head; "we claim spiritual progress rather than spiritual perfection".

Just try to pray throughout your day, even for 5 minutes at a time. Ask God to give you wisdom and strength so you can become the person God wants you to be. Ask Him for patience and help in trusting Him to guide you. He will take care of you, but the old adage is true; "God helps those who help themselves".

Check the Christians in Recovery section of this website if you are interested!
Old 11-30-2004, 06:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome, Shaun. I'm new here too. Hopefully, we can make it!
Old 11-30-2004, 07:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Mark in Boston

Great advice here, Shaun - once you have put in a little time, you will realize that, as important as regrets are, trying to stop the old bad behaviors is the next step, and it can be difficult at times - it can bedifficult to do for an hour at a time for some people. You will need HELP for this, and going to meetings, getting phone #'s from like minded people you can call will help you get though. I wish you the very best!

Love,

Mark
Old 11-30-2004, 07:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Shaun, Post back and let us know how its going. I believe God will forgive you. He wants his lost children found.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome, Shaun!

You’ve made a good start already. God knows what’s in your heart, and He will forgive you.

I would also like to suggest going to a meeting. The program really does work! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, best wishes, and... keep coming back!
Old 12-01-2004, 01:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Hello shaunn..Welcome on SR...You know who is lost? People who hurt people without even thinkin bout it..People who think everything is o.k while everything is a mess..No shaunn you are doin' great..At least you know there's a problem and just becos you wrote bout it you are working on it ...That's great..When I first went to work on my alcoholproblem 5 years ago I had a whole list of people I hurted too...It takes a while..But if you really work on your problem the people around you will see it and be sure if they love you they will forgive you..Even after so many years (I had some drinks in between but not really in a bar)I'm not allowed in some bars but I don't care...They don't love me they...they don't know me..And they don't have a lot of brains...Some people think people can't change they think once a thief always a thief...But I know.. and you too can read it in a lot of posts here on SR that that ain't true...People CAN change!!!I wish you a lot of strenght...Love from Stefanie