Notices

Humiliated myself

Old 03-16-2020, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Humiliated myself

While stupidly drinking at weekend i thought it would be a good idea to order my ex a card, and put a cringeworthy message in it!!!!! I feel sick he has already completely blocked me since November. The worst thing is i have realised i don't even want him back, i just wanted to be loved. I look like a desperate fool. Please everyone keep fingers crossed it gets lost in post.
Im done with alcohol for ever. It has ruined my life repeatedly
Old 03-16-2020, 10:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We've all behaved foolishly under the influence

The embarrassment will lessen with time

You'll look back and laugh someday
Old 03-16-2020, 10:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh I hate cringey things that I've done, they make you cringe for ages afterwards. But I've learned to shove them out of my head as quickly as they come because you can't do anything to change it. At least it wasn't a horrible thing!
Old 03-16-2020, 10:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
While stupidly drinking at weekend i thought it would be a good idea to order my ex a card, and put a cringeworthy message in it!!!!! I feel sick he has already completely blocked me since November. The worst thing is i have realised i don't even want him back, i just wanted to be loved. I look like a desperate fool. Please everyone keep fingers crossed it gets lost in post.
I did something cringey like this every time I went on a bender.

Just pretend it didn't happen and let time go by. Alcohol really messes with your brain - most of the stuff you do or say while intoxicated isn't representative of the real you.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I actually deactivated my Facebook and only keep about 5 contacts in my phone because I can't trust myself not to make a fool of myself with a barrage of drunken messages.

100% of my Facebook activity was done while intoxicated. Rarely logged in sober. It was my entertainment since I was drinking alone on the sofa at 2am. Ex-girlfriends were my favourite people to message in the middle of the night haha.

We've all been there Tinkerbeau. Laugh it off. Use it as motivation to stay sober!
Old 03-16-2020, 11:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Tinker, try to forgive yourself and learn from this experience and move on. Why did you decide to drink and what can you do so that it doesn't happen again?
Old 03-16-2020, 11:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone yes i guess it could be worse and no i didnt say anything nasty just sounded pathetic. Think i will try to push it out my mind pretend it didnt happen, I doubt i would see him again in future and this has actually made me realise i dont even want to, so thats a good thing i can move on.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Tinker, try to forgive yourself and learn from this experience and move on. Why did you decide to drink and what can you do so that it doesn't happen again?
Id made it to 3 weeks and was feeling better and guess i just let that av convince me a glass or two of wine would be nice and relaxing. Ridiculous i know, i need to post when im feeling weak b4 i drink not just after. Im very lonely at times too
Old 03-16-2020, 11:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If you never drink alcohol again I guarantee nothing like this will happen again 🙏
Old 03-16-2020, 11:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I've done some things that are still a bit embarrassing while healing, I just dont drink over them anymore, and correct myself.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Drinking and humiliating behavior go hand in hand, Tinkerbeau. We have all been there, and I'm glad that is no longer part of my existence. I get it about thinking we can drink again--I've done that too, after 15 years of sobriety, so it can hit you any time-we must always be extra-vigilant. After over 4 years of sobriety I was feeling a bit triggered by airports and traveling last week and posted to SR while waiting for a flight. I didn't feel I was in any real danger of relapse, but I'd felt a bit uneasy and couldn't figure out why until I realized it was the idea of airports and how nice to grab a couple of craft beers, and then inflight maybe one or two more....nope, no way. It was nice to have my SR family to connect with, and I hope next time there is temptation that you bring it here first. Wishing you all the best-you can do this.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Bad things happen when we alcoholics drink, we let a devil out.

As for your ex you say you're not bothered about him anymore so try not to worry about it, learn from it instead.

Take care Tink.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That's why I had to quit, Tinker. I was doing reckless & out-of-character things all the time in the end. No one even recognized me anymore - my personality was so warped. I finally realized there was never going to be any 'nice & relaxing' times with alcohol in my system. I stopped the devastation after my last humiliating incident - and you can too. Here's where it can end. We're with you.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm sure our minds love twisting the knife by bringing everything up afterwards too. It feels like a psychological effect to get us not to do it again. Humiliation and insanity go every time with drink now, without fail, for me.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh Tink I get you, I've done exactly the same thing, as well as much worse. Forgive yourself, move on and make peace with yourself
Old 03-16-2020, 03:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Originally Posted by brighterday1234 View Post
If you never drink alcohol again I guarantee nothing like this will happen again ��
I had 18 months sober until a few months ago and in all that time I did not contact or even have a desire to contact a guy that was bad for me and who I realised I didn’t even like that much. Picked up a bottle of wine one night thinking I no longer had a problem and would just have a glass. 2.5 bottles later woke up feeling like absolute hell, don’t remember anything at all and turned over and there he was. Sneaked downstairs and checked my phone and I had called him many times so must have invited him over. Why would I do that after happliy having no contact or anything to do with him for a year and a half?!?

I don’t need anymore proof that everything turns to $hit when I drink and I do stupid things I would never to sober. Brighter day hit the nail on the head! x
Old 03-16-2020, 03:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

H e's not a guy you want in your life Tink so whats it matter what he thinks?

D
Old 03-16-2020, 03:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Samantha

Yep I know that feeling for sure you aren't alone. Do they know you have drinking issues?
Old 03-16-2020, 05:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Someone once told me the expression “it’s none of your business what anyone else thinks of you”. I found that enlightening and comforting - I could stop pointless worrying. So, you wrote “I look like a desperate fool”. Throw that out of your mind. It doesn’t matter what you look like to him. It’s none of your business. :-) He also isn’t in your life anymore. He’s not a family member, he’s just an ex. Someone from the past. Leave him there and move on. You can do this! What he thinks of you is irrelevant to the future of your life. And you only live once. So don’t let worrying about his thoughts, which are none of your business, take up one moment of your time here. 💛
Old 03-16-2020, 07:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Of course the decision to stop drinking is the best solution but for others not ready or worried about relapse try the app drunk locker. It locks down all social media and text while drunk.