Notices

Walking through the Fire...relationship ended. : (

Old 03-06-2020, 07:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Walking through the Fire...relationship ended. : (

Hey guys,
Life has been really challenging for almost a year now but i'm starting to gain some perspective. They say that pain is the touchstone to spiritual growth but some days i just don't want to accept that. I know that all of these times of suffering will eventually pass. My relationship of 3 years to a wonderful woman who i thought was my soulmate has ended. I feel broken but realize that we both need to work on ourselves before we can be in a relationship. It's a hard pill to swallow because i consider her to be my best friend and love. To be honest with everyone i did something that alot of people in the program say is a NO-NO. I got into a relationship shortly after i got sober. I used our relationship as a crutch and acted codependent. I feel like this time will be invaluable in working on myself and growing as a person. Not too say it ain't easy! It hurts like a FOMO. This too shall pass.
Hope everyone has a Great Friday!
Garrison
Old 03-06-2020, 12:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry bud, that's tough. I know ya won't let it derail you though. You can definitely focus on personal growth
Old 03-06-2020, 01:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with the new relationship in early recovery thing. It's all I could handle trying to get my head screwed on straight without having to deal with someone else's feelings and emotions.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry it ended Garrison but endings are also beginnings and I wish you the best for whatever comes next

D
Old 03-06-2020, 06:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad you wanted to talk about it, Garrison. I'm sorry for the painful time you're going through. Feeling the emotions instead of numbing them is the healthy thing to do - and so very hard. Proud of you for keeping your head & holding on to your sobriety. Doesn't seem like it now, but brighter days are coming.