I'm unafraid to explore new in life

Old 02-28-2020, 02:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm unafraid to explore new in life

I'm unafraid to try new things or make a mess of anything.

I bought a cheap used Ryobi hammer drill today. I'm learning a lot from the experience. I got a good deal on it, at least from the price / learning experience / life recovery lesson aspect. A new one isn't in my budget today. All things in the universe seems to be guiding me to exploring and expanding my knowledge of tools. Even trucks, signs, etc. as I walked towards my Jeep with this new-to-me tool in hand.

There's freedom in my life to be me. I'm true to wherever "healthy new directions" take me. I have house plans. I own some land. How I get from one point to another on this building journey in firmly in my Higher Power's control. Not mine. Trusting all is well.

What I'm learning in negotiating the price of the drill, trusting my gut instincts, knowing there is no right/wrong in this instance, helps with enjoying playful, fun learning of different tools and skills. Both expanding on what I know and learning many new things.

I love this life.

I'm glad for where I've been and where I'm going. There's been some horrible, terrible absolutely not good things in my life. Leaving the darkness behind. Embracing the good. Appreciating life all the more for what I've experienced.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

The tool had a problem with it. I returned it.

I drove my Jeep through deep mud and shallow puddles yesterday. I had been wanting to wash it, and meditation instead led to an experience that did more for joy, freedom and my recovery.

Recovery in Al-Anon, here, through DV recovery support centers, etc. has been with every mile driven, every moment listening, every word I learned to use my voice with.

It's a new day. I'm glad to be alive. I appreciate SR. I appreciate this Leap Year day. I appreciate the good in life. I appreciate peace, harmony and clarity.

Old 02-29-2020, 08:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy Trails Mango! It sounds like you are seizing life with both hands, no tool needed
Old 03-02-2020, 06:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Driving a jeep through mud puddles sounds right up my alley! Sounds fun!
Old 03-02-2020, 06:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm going to have to give my FJ a workout like you did.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Recovery in Al-Anon, here, through DV recovery support centers, etc. has been with every mile driven, every moment listening, every word I learned to use my voice with.

It's a new day. I'm glad to be alive. I appreciate SR.

I just listened to a respected expert explain how to get out of denial of emotional/verbal/complex abusive dynamics. He talks about how difficult it can be to see outside our immediate situation.

This is why and how making use of Al-Anon and abuse recovery centers can jump start and then provide a sound, safe place for awareness, acceptance and healthy self-actions.

It can be very beneficial to hear outside experiences from people who've been there, especially in person on an ongoing basis. Whatever helps us self-identify and break free from targeted attacks on our self-worth.

One day at a time.