Notices

I can't stpp

Old 02-26-2020, 06:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can't stpp

That's it. That's the post
Old 02-26-2020, 06:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, you can stop. You just haven't yet.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You just haven't found the right combination of solutions. Examine what you've tried, throw out what's not working, and try something new. Warm thoughts headed to comfort you.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Freedomfries, you CAN stop. Not only that, lasting sobriety is absolutely possible.

Look closely at your life. Concentrate on those areas of your life that would be better if you stopped drinking - your health, your relationships, your career, your self-respect, your finances, your lifestyle - those essential areas of your life that would benefit from sobriety.

WANT sobriety. Trust that there is an exponentially better way to live. Go for it.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We all stop freedomfries. It is only a question of whether you stop on your own or you stop because you've lost that option. But we all stop. You will too at some point.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You CAN and you obviously WANT to because you have come back.

You just need to try something different since your current plan has a fault
Old 02-26-2020, 07:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Get HELP! I think an in-patient detox would be a good idea. Make some phone calls!
Old 02-26-2020, 07:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can stop. It’s not easy. Get off the elevator. You’re going to have to take the stairs backup. Call your doctor and they can help you with a plan.
Old 02-26-2020, 09:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You will, when your ready.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey. I feel your pain. I couldn't stop either. I wanted to, I wanted to with all my heart and soul. But time after time I would find myself drunk again. Nearly 2 years ago I came out of a 10 day binge. I was lucky to be alive. I knew then and there that alcohol was my complete master. In total control. I would never beat it and one day it would kill me. I surrendered and got myself to an AA meeting. It wasn't my first time but I knew it had to be my last. I reached out and said I needed help. I would do anything. If others like me could achieve sobriety well then I would listen to what they did and do the same. Everytime I wanted to drink I prayed. I prayed to Something Greater than Me. I prayed to not let me pick up a drink. Then I would put in some action. I would get to an AA meeting or I would pick up the phone to another alcoholic. The cravings were strong and intense but by taking some action instead of picking up they did pass. I went to AA meetings everyday. I joined a daily group support thread here and posted daily. I got a sponsor. I started working the steps. I have been sober for 22 months. It does work if you work for it.

Take it one day at a time. Stay away from places and people that serve/drink alcohol, make getting your head on your pillow at night sober your no 1 priority. when the cravings hit do whatever it takes to get through them. Come here and post, pick up the phone to someone, get to an AA meeting. As you get more sober time and clear headed find a recovery plan. It was vital for me in staying sober.

As long as there is breath in your lungs there is hope and if other alcoholics like myself can achieve long term sobriety then you can too.

Stay close

🙏❤🙏
Old 02-26-2020, 10:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You can stop, and I think you want to given that you’ve been honest and posting out here. You just haven’t found the right plan for you. What have you previously done that isn’t working for you? Do you have different ideas for moving forward? You can do this.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

what have you been doing to stop and stay stopped FF?

D
Old 02-26-2020, 05:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I advise quitting while it is still a choice. That choice to quit may be taken away from you if you don't. Many serious health effects can happen.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You can stop freedomfries you just don't know it yet.

Years ago I went to AA and it kept me sober for 5 years. I don't go anymore because it is not what I want now but back then, and I think it's changed a lot, it really did help.

I think the fact that there are meetings every day of the week and like minded people to meet had a lot to do with it. It kept me focussed on the goal of sobriety. I have different ways now but in the beginning it really did help me. And it's free.

If you don't like AA have you thought about an addictions counsellor? Coming here everyday is a really good idea too. We are all in this struggle together freedomfries. We need you as well.

You can get sober. Now that's a sobering thought.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

yes you can.
Get to a f2f meeting if you can.
Get a sponsor if you haven't already.
You can do this.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You can stop freedomfries you just don't know it yet.

Years ago I went to AA and it kept me sober for 5 years. I don't go anymore because it is not what I want now but back then, and I think it's changed a lot, it really did help.

I think the fact that there are meetings every day of the week and like minded people to meet had a lot to do with it. It kept me focussed on the goal of sobriety. I have different ways now but in the beginning it really did help. And it's free.

If you don't like AA have you thought about an addictions counsellor? Coming here everyday is a really good idea too. We are all in this struggle together freedomfries. We need you as well.

You can get sober. Now that's a sobering thought.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sorry about double post freedomfries. Or am I trying to reinforce the point that you can stop.?
Old 02-26-2020, 08:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
~sb

Maybe get to rehab and then find a recovery program to follow. I hope you stay stopped!
Old 02-26-2020, 10:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

just never stop quitting. While I have relapsed tons of times over the last few years I have far more sober days stacked up and it gets better each time. While I don't discount the importance of not relapsing, not even trying to quit is worse. Just start to get a few days. Why not just go one day first and see how it goes then try again.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

You can stop. What have you tried so far?