My "one year from now" story

Old 02-19-2020, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

My "one year from now" story

This last year has been extremely rough. I'm stronger for it. My strength, stamina and intuition are rockin' it.

If I had wrote a one-year-from-now story a year ago, it definitely wouldn't be what I'm living now. I'm hurting. I'm tired of this process. Truth. I'm also extremely appreciative of all I've learned.

My one-year-from-now story is something on my heart after mediation today. Perhaps this past year was supposed to be a great "not knowing" of how bad this would be.

Yes, there's been good in each day. I've been carried through it. I never ever ever want to go through something like this again.

Laying down intents keep bringing good things into my life. I trust there will be more ease, happiness and greater financial freedom this next 12 months.

I'm going to accept, let this simply have space to develop more awareness of and planning on updating here at some point.

Anyone have their own 12 month story they'd like to put out here? Either the past 12 or upcoming.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

Typo. Meditation, not mediation.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Mango,

I am technically a year out from the epicentre of the madness. I am in a much better place for sure. this forum has been so pivotal for me. I am still figuring it all out but I am doing it, day by day. My daughter is doing well, she visits her mom and she has been sober for 2 months now. Feeling good that I can do this and the pain of the relationship is not my focus...I am starting my own life.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If I went back to this time last year and predicted where I would be now.
NEVER would I see myself here:
Seperated
Going to al anon
Courageous
Learning myself again
Happier
Healthier
Independent
The list goes on and on...and I thank God everyday
Old 02-20-2020, 05:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am out to almost year 6. The first two years were like what you describe. Pure hell mixed with blessings. I tried to go back several times. There was no pain quite like it.
It took me over 4 years to finally quit having momentary twinges of regret and sadness.

Today I am SO thankful that I didn't get sucked back into the old ways and living arrangements. My ex and I are on friendly terms, but I often wonder how I chose so poorly in a mate. Two good people can be lousy matches for each other.

We are all faced with 2 basic choices:
1. Stay in a bad relationship and avoid the pain of leaving, or
2. leave and heal.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mango, i went to meditation this afternoon. I always have very strong images in sound bath meditations. I went in with the intention of looking forwards, not backwards. As usual, there were lots of images, and it was very powerful. One was of me being told it was time to go ahead on the road, and eventually being pulled by the hands. I tried to pull back - like a horse refusing to get onto a float..
The road to leaving is so overwhelming. I'm scared. Really, heartbreakingly scared. Sobbing, ugly crying scared.
Its perhaps not until too bad to stay becomes stronger than too good to leave.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

More is always revealed. As soon as I start taking baby steps forward each day, things start changing rapidly and I am carried through with ease and grace.

One day at a time.

My baby steps today:

Time for meditation and prayer.

Cultivating gratitude.

Recovery meeting

Allowing myself time and mental space to write down ways I've chosen to stay in denial.

(((((hugs)))))