Name change

Old 02-19-2020, 07:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Name change

I changed my name. You can go back and look at my posts. Things are still crazy. Actually even more crazier. I’m scared to post details. I feel as if I’m being stalked. I did a scan of my phone and nothing came up. But everything it’s like he is inside my mind. I’m really not being paranoid that’s his job. But I am so lost right now. And have no one to turn to.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry! Can you safely get to your parents?
Old 02-19-2020, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I’m glad you changed your name since you feel unsafe. Is there a women’s shelter local to you where you could meet with an advocate? It might help you feel a bit more secure to have that IRL support!
Old 02-19-2020, 08:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. No one should feel that way. I agree with Seren! Please reach our for help!
Old 02-19-2020, 10:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

kc05
Thank you for checking in. Please, please don’t feel like you are on your own. I know life seems crazy right now but please know that today is not going to be the same as tomorrow. You are in charge of your tomorrows, don’t let your AH’s antics plan your day for you.

(((Big Hugs + Prayers to you)))

Don’t be paranoid, you haven't done anything wrong.
Self care is not a crime lol.
Old 02-19-2020, 02:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

kc......I suggest that you call your local woman's shelter and talk to an advocate by phone....or, you can meet with an advocate if that is possible....they can even give safe housing if that is needed......
Everything is kept in strict confidence and you are not required to do anything that you don't want to......
They exist to help those who are in your situation.
You can, also, talk to specific people, on this forum, by Private Message (PM)...
I don't think that he could access your PMs...but, you might check with Seren...the moderator about this.......

There is help...you are not alone.....
Old 02-19-2020, 03:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

In regards to making sure there is no access to PMs, this seems so basic... but the best thing you can do to make sure you're safe is to log out of the site, instead of just staying "logged in" just for convenience sake. And make your password unique and unlike any other password you use for any other website.

The reason why this is important is that when you go into your user profile, you can check to see the last time you logged in. If you see a time listed and you know you weren't logged in then, you know something is up.

On a side note, Facebook also has security logs so you know the last time AND the last device you logged in from.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You have us and you have your parents. You aren't alone.

As dandylion also mentioned, your local DV can be a big resource for you but most importantly you will find comfort in the fact that they understand what you are going through and are happy to help you.

Although you are using your phone, if someone sends you a PM and it sends a notification to your email - and the other person knows your email login, they can see you are using SR and click on the link and potentially log in if your password is something your regularly use.

Log out each time for your own peace of mind as PuzzledHeart mentioned.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Please change all of your passwords in case he's accessing.

He's become abusive. See that attorney asap!
Old 02-20-2020, 10:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I’ll put this here for you too. al Anon phone in meetings.
Many different times available. You don’t have to talk if you don’t want too. Hopefully you can listen in on one

https://al-anon.info/MeetingSearch/P...px?language=EN
Old 02-24-2020, 08:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

kc05, you've been on my mind and wanted to check in and see if you are ok. Thinking of you!