Change of plans

Old 02-08-2020, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Change of plans

So my plan was I was gonna take stuff out slowly and then leave. But today has proved that I can no longer live in this house with him. I am just so miserable. Monday when he leaves I’m gonna pack up as much as I can get in my car and take it to my parents house. I can’t do it anymore. He’s a terrible terrible drunk.

I tried I really did. I think if someone would of took my blood pressure today it would of been in stroke levels. I’m calm now and in the bed. He’s of course passed out on the couch. I’ve told my mom I’m coming Monday. And I will tell him after the fact. I don’t feel safe telling him before. I gotta get things in order tomorrow and Me and the kids are out Monday.

I can’t believe this is my life. I can’t believe I have stayed here while it’s been this bad. I don’t know who I am. It’s like I am a totally different person. He has cause so much damage to me mentally. Which I’m sure has wreaked havoc on my body because of stress.

I have to stay strong. I read a quote today that said strength is removing your kids from a toxic environment not learning to living with it for the sake of the kids. And it really hit me. I am a strong woman. And I can do this. And I am gonna do this. I am not going through another weekend of this mess. I can’t and my kids can’t
Old 02-08-2020, 06:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I’m so sorry you’re in this situation, but I admire your strength and, what’s most important, your trust in yourself and your judgment.

You know what you need to do and you know how to get there. Good for you!

Old 02-08-2020, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Clowery
I feel for you. I know that feeling. When you know you know.

Anger can be a good thing, for short term use. Use it to help propel you forward. I had to hang on to my anger, far past when the drinking was over and things went back to “normal” It pushed me to do what I for some reason couldn’t do without it. But if I remembered those feelings and hurt and got angry, that was something I could use to force myself to take action. Now I’m learning how to let that anger go (slowly) I hope that makes sense? I was thinking this reading your last post. I never want to say leave, go, get out of there. That always has to be “your” choice. Your AH’s chaos really sounds like it’s taken a toll on you. It sounds as though, for your own well being (mentally and physically) and kids, you have no other option.

You are strong, you can do this (((Hugs)))

I have this snapshotted to my phone. I read it as a codependent

The most painful thing
is loosing yourself
in the process
of loving someone to much

And forgetting that
you are special too

(Ernest Hemingway)

Old 02-08-2020, 07:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's a good plan clowery and less stressful for you (leaving while he is out). Hopefully you can also get some time out of the house tomorrow. Spend some time planning.

It takes courage to get you and your children to a safe place, good for you!
Old 02-08-2020, 07:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Don't forget important papers...birth certificates, medical records, marriage license, social security card, health insurance cards, deed to any property you own, passport, bank account statements, money and credit cards.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Best wishes Clowery. I think your decision not to tell your AH in advance is probably wise as he can be quite aggressive. Be prepared to be love bombed after his initial reaction.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

clowery…..I agree....there comes a time when you just have to go ahead and do what you know you have got to do.
We will be thinking of you.....you can, absolutely, do this!!!
don't waste any time second guessing yourself......
Old 02-09-2020, 03:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You are strong...it takes incredible strength to do what you have done already. You'll be in my prayers most particularly over the next few days as you work through this move! Hang in there!!
Old 02-09-2020, 06:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Make sure you have your own bank account he cannot access and your share of common funds. Many times the addict spouse will drain or move such accounts.

Be strong and do what you need to do one step at a time.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Make sure you have your own bank account he cannot access and your share of common funds. Many times the addict spouse will drain or move such accounts.

Be strong and do what you need to do one step at a time.
i have had my own accounts set up for a while now. And I have a p o box set up. Just have to change some accounts to that P.O. Box. We have always kept our money separate. But our names are on each other’s accounts. The way we have always divided the bills is he pays all utilities and anything big because of course my little job can’t pay for things like that. And I pay for groceries. I make more money this time of year because of tax season. I work a lot more hours and do a lot more until it’s over. So I am putting back as much as I can right now. I have all my documents in a folder in the trunk of my car. Have had them there for months. Just don’t have our clothes and everyday things. Which I know I can grab quick. I’ve did that to. I have things I have collected through the years and my pictures and things. And I know this sounds petty. But I have things in the attic like my Christmas decorations and things that mean something to me. That I know he doesn’t care about. But would definitely keep from me because he knows what they mean to me. But it’s really important to me. So im gonna try and get those in my car tomorrow.

gosh I’m so scared. I think I’m gonna have a panic attack. I woke up many times last night with my heart racing worrying about this. I hope I can be strong.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Can a family member or friend come over with another vehicle so you can get it all at once and to be there for support?
Old 02-09-2020, 09:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes, it is stress inducing. Please take time for yourself, do some breathing exercises to calm yourself when you are feeling overwhelmed. Take a few minutes to have a cup of coffee or tea and some cookies. Yes, you are in a slight hurry and yes it is a lot of work but the house isn't actually on fire and you will get it all done!

As Hawkeye mentioned, it would be great if you could have a friend with you to help and talk to.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

clowery…...I second Hawkeye's suggestion to get as many bodies to help you as you can...every hand helps and it gives you emotional support.
It is actually easier to do the actual moving than the dreaded thinking about it. Who knew?
You will be strong. Keep telling yourself that....it is called "positive self talk"...and it is more powerful than you think!

Look at it this way...if anyone is strong enough to have lived with an abusive alcoholic....they are certainly strong enough to live without an abusive partner......because, it is sooo much easier....
Old 02-09-2020, 01:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Clowery,
You have 24 hours and you will be free, no turning back. Make sure you take everything that means anything to you, get help if you need too. He will break it, hide it or throw it away if he knows you forgot something and want it. Just plan on leaving the house "for the last time".

I promise you tomorrow night you will feel like 10 thousand pounds have been lifted off your shoulders. Keep the faith, you will be better than ok!! Sending huge hugs that all goes as planned. Please check in tomorrow night and let us know how you are doing.... we care!!