Oh he almost had me!

Old 02-08-2020, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh he almost had me!

Yesterday was a decent day. He was so nice to me. He came home and acted so normal. I almost slipped and thought wow. I really love this. Then I went to the store and came home. Haha. How dumb of me to think that.

fast forward to this beautiful Saturday morning. As of now. I am getting ready for my daughters basketball game. And here he is at 8:30 in the morning tipsy. I’m just disgusted. I knew this would happened. It happens every weekend. Just for some reason I always think maybe this one will be different

anyways. My friend is supposed to call me today about the rentals. My mom has me some tubs to pack my stuff. So the plan is a little at a time. I’m gonna start getting my stuff out and put it in her basement. And if the rental works I’m gonna go there. And if not I’ll go my my parents. No one knows but my mom as of right now. I have started telling some of my friends what he is doing. Which has really helped me. Because they don’t just think I’m trying to not talk to them or do things with them. They get it now.

Now off to the game. Lovely.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He was so nice to me. He came home and acted so normal.

can you describe a bit of what that looked like to you?
Old 02-08-2020, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
He was so nice to me. He came home and acted so normal.

can you describe a bit of what that looked like to you?
well the old normal. Lol.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

clowery…...I think that for those of us who are so desperate to hold on to the relationship and so fearful of rocking the boat...and so fearful of what the future may hold...that, any little change in behavior, is, for us, is like a sweet rush of nectar to our system!
We so want him to be different than he is, that this sweet nectar completely overrides and floods our brain with a cascade of feel good-neurotransmitters.....and, just obliterates any other thoughts....
lol...when he is "good" it is almost like a hit of heroine to us.....
Old 02-08-2020, 08:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I’m sorry this happened but at least you were only back in it for a few hours, not a few more months or years. Reach out to your friends and this. I have started to tell more people and it has helped. For what it’s worth, I’m proud of you! We learn from every experience and grow stronger and wiser. You learned from yesterday!
Old 02-08-2020, 08:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
lol...when he is "good" it is almost like a hit of heroine to us.....
I'd take this further and say that if his "good" feels like herion, it's proof positive that his behavior has become our addiction. Hence, the awareness of codependency and that these issues are never perpetrated by just one person. When we get a boost from "good," it always means that our well being has become much too dependent on the doings of this person - we are addicted. I know this from experience. Feeling pleased and content with someone is a very different state of mind from latching onto these boosts from "good." Experiencing big jolts (either up or down) because of what someone else is doing is always an indication that we've got some inner work to do. The other person can never soothe this and make it better for us. In fact, constantly looking to the other person to give us "good" so that we can relax (for a bit - it's always short lived) is also a clear signal that we've got things to work on inside.

Don't mean to make this about Dandylion, I just used your comment to jump off with my own thoughts.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

FallenAngelina….I couldn't agree more!
Old 02-08-2020, 02:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Clowery,
Good for you, you have a plan. You are taking your time to execute it. This is how we empower ourselves not to make mistakes.
Good luck with your move, you are doing great!
Old 02-08-2020, 06:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clowery0508 View Post
Just for some reason I always think maybe this one will be different
Yes, and then the 1 after that and the 1 after that, and the 1 after that....rinse, repeat!

Hope: That’s a very hard feeling to stop giving in to. When dealing with an alcoholic S/O hope is no longer an option. We can only rely on facts and actions. It takes some of us longer to see this then others. It took me a very long time. Scary long! We don’t want to “see” what is staring us right in the face. This is our REALITY. We must face it if we want a better/happier life for ourselves and children.

You are putting one foot in front of the other, baby steps. Proud of you

Are you able to get to any al Anon meetings?
I feel like you would benefit from f 2 f

Old 02-09-2020, 11:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh the he was nice to me routine. I remember it well. How sick is that? We have to make comment that they are being nice? As opposed to what, abuse? In my experience, 20 years with an A, the “nice” is because they are drinking and don’t want any confrontation about it. If I’m nice to you, why are you being mad? It’s like beating a whipped puppy, except the puppy is a monster, that is deceiving you. I wish you all the best judgement in the world.