Notices

98 days and I drank

Old 02-03-2020, 02:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

98 days and I drank

not happy and did not stay connected with you folks who have helped me tremendously. I should of checked in and helped back to the peeps that helped me. worse feeling in the world
Old 02-03-2020, 02:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Something good can come of it, faith. You'll be even more determined now. I'm glad you came back to talk things over - we're here to listen and help.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that you drank. I don't know how many times I relapsed until I finally threw in the towel. It can be a great thing IF we can learn from it though. Any plan for this time around?
Old 02-03-2020, 02:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both. I am devastated. I had been reading the posts but did not contribute. Thank you everyone. I am so grateful to have this site. Bad details to follow but I do not feel like typing them out Good news is I had an angel looking after me. A miracle how lucky I am right now.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry to read that faith but it's great you are back here. you did it before and you can do it again, and for longer this time.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

OK - fix your signature line date and get back on the sober horse. You can do it.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You're back with new resolve, that's what matters. I did reckless things at the end of my drinking career. Further proof that we can't allow it to be part of our lives. Maybe this is the motivation you needed.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I need to set it to 2/4 . I had a drink today. Not sure if I can stay sober tomorrow. So hard to get back on track.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can change your sobriety plan to make sure this doesn't happen again.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by faith823 View Post
Thank you both. I am devastated. I had been reading the posts but did not contribute. Thank you everyone. I am so grateful to have this site. Bad details to follow but I do not feel like typing them out Good news is I had an angel looking after me. A miracle how lucky I am right now.

Sounds like you know where you went wrong too, maybe start posting a bit more and get involved? That sense of belonging can help. I found myself I had to throw EVERYTHING at this to stay sober, it's not easy but life can turn around quicker than you think if we do the right things
Old 02-03-2020, 02:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sorry faith, but it's great you're back.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

sit on SR all day if you need to - you've made a day one before you can do it again Faith

welcome back

D
Old 02-03-2020, 03:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
nez

worse feeling in the world
The good news is that this can be the last time you have to feel this way. Don't dwell on it, but keep it handy to reference if need be.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Support to you.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by faith823 View Post
I need to set it to 2/4 . I had a drink today. Not sure if I can stay sober tomorrow. So hard to get back on track.
Yes, it is sooooo hard to get on track. I remember thinking to myself ‘well, while I’m off the wagon, I might as well stay off and enjoy it!’ The thing is, though, I wasn’t enjoying it. What I was actually doing was scratching the horrible drinking itch and not starting the healing process, which made the drinking itch get worse, which made me further from the healing process. It’s a vicious, VICIOUS cycle.

Faith, I obviously don’t know you, but I do remember many of the words you wrote. You were sounding stronger and stronger as the days went on. You were pleased with your new job, sending incredibly supportive texts to other SR members, and sounding truly proud of yourself. I want you to get back to that Faith. I really like her.

i know it is so, SO hard to get back on track, as you called it. All I can say is I know you can do it, because if I can, anybody can. And I promise you, it does get easier. MUCH easier. Last year I relapsed at 4 months. I was so frustrated at myself. I don’t know if I can even call it a relapse given that I jumped off the wagon to see if I could drink moderately (and it turned out I wasn’t a special snowflake so couldn’t, which I should’ve known beforehand). Anyway, it took me a year to get back on track. I really don’t want that for you. A year of the only life I have. Today I’m at 9 months. And I can’t tell you how much easier nine months is than 4 months. I hope to be saying the same thing to you when I double this sobriety time. Try to think of this relapse as a good thing. It taught you you really can’t drink. So, you ran the experiment, now back to the hard work.

You can do this. Millions of people who were addicted to drinking have quit successfully and gone on to live happy, happy lives. There is no reason you can’t be the next person. 💛
Old 02-03-2020, 03:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

And Faith, the first 98 days are a hell of a lot harder than the next 98 days. And those are harder than the next 98 days.

So, if you could make it 1-98 - which you just did - I know you can do that again and then keep going as it gets easier. You’ve already proven you can do it. You CAN do it.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm glad you have returned faith, not under the best of conditions but that can be changed. Keep posting like you used to.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Faith, you CAN do this and we're here for you. You had 98 days and you can get there, and beyond, this time.
Old 02-03-2020, 05:03 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that ☹️

Disconnected the SR power huh ?

You aren't the first one to do it and you won't be the last.

But you can make it the last time you do it
Old 02-03-2020, 05:35 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing, it takes courage to admit when we fall down. I truly believe that each time we fall, we DO learn something from it. It's part of the plan. Do what you need to do to get out of the water and back on to the wagon; we're right here