Question

Old 02-03-2020, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question

Does anyone know if I leave can he get me for abandonment? I don’t know much about that but several people had threw that word at me. I have a call in to talk with a lawyer. Just wondering If anyone knew right off
Old 02-03-2020, 09:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If I remember, there is a minimum time you have to live apart and also separate from each other. Leaving because of abuse, alcoholism, or other harmful addictions will typically be accepted as valid reasons for leaving. If he does accuse you in court of abandonment, you will have to show reason for why you left. I doubt he’d want you to drag that into court.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FWN

Are you in the states? I am. I think unless he formally files divorce from you and goes through a lawyer because you moved far away with the kids, as long as you two are still legally married and you do not have a legal dispute going on you can leave and take the kids to another location.
You can call any of your local family law attorneys and most will be willing to chat with you for 20 or 30 minutes if needed for free just to clarify some of these initial issues.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am in NC. I have a call in to a lawyer who my parents are friends with. Hopefully he will call back soon. I just wanna make sure he can’t get me for anything. Cause he said last night he wasn’t gonna be nice anymore. Haha. Like when were you nice?!!!!
Old 02-03-2020, 12:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

chowery…...I hope your lawyer calls you back soon....in the meantime...did you look at the website that I gave you...listed by state....it will help explain a lot of things...…?