Notices

Day 12, results day

Old 02-03-2020, 04:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 12, results day

Made it to day 12 today, had rubbish day yesterday miserable bored anxios over ate .. but stayed sober. Im going to meet my bipolar consultant for first time today, and will get results of my bloods etc, nervous but i really need help to get better.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Knowledge is power Tink. Results aside I think you will feel better with a plan in place, come what may. Good thoughts for you all day today.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are doing great! We all have good and bad days. One day may be awesome the next may not be worth a nickel. But one day at a time we can deal with whatever! Hope you have a good one today!
Old 02-03-2020, 06:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hope the blood work results are good. Remember your body is great at healing, provided we look after it!
Old 02-03-2020, 06:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone justgot back, saw consultant who didn't mention my bloods just went over same questions about how i feel etc, now got to see dr in march to confirm bipolar diagnosis?!
Old 02-03-2020, 03:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Tinker,

I am the same as you day 12, no news is usually good news when it comes to bloods they soon tell you if there is a problem.

I only found it mine were all normal today as i called in to docs and they told me all normal nearly passed out with relief and shock after decades of booze.

Tomorrow day 13 !
Old 02-03-2020, 04:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Asking for help is a strength. You have done well posting. Support to you.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just a quick idea of what goes on behind the scenes with a bipolar diagnosis. There isn't a solid line that defines bipolar. Your doctor will use the The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM–5), by the American Psychiatric Association. The doctor in whatever country you are in will be using basically the same manual. These manuals are a result of an international collaborative effort. There are questions your doctor will ask to determine if you are indeed bipolar. That's all they do is ask questions. There is no test or anything. And then you go from there with continuing treatment. You mentioned a consultant, but that is not something I am familiar with and that's why I'm pretty sure you are out of the US. Mental health problems suck. The best thing you can do to help yourself is to stay off alcohol.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you headeast that has made things clearer for me and makes sense now why i feel like im just being questioned over again. That was a great help to me thanks again