Notices

Great things about being sober today!!!!

Old 02-02-2020, 07:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Great things about being sober today!!!!

Let's get a list going!!!!!

I'm grateful to be sober today because:

Waking up sober - even after 6 months it still surprises me how amazing it feels!

Eating out is SO CHEAP when you drink Coke! 💗 My bf and i love eating out - now that I don't drink several cocktails our bill is so low, we can afford to eat out so much more!!!!! Heading to a favorite breakfast spot now, the french toast is AMAZING! Here's to a great day to us all!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2020, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have not posted here is quite some time. It was after Super Bowl 2016 that I swore off alcohol. That was 4 years ago that I lived that dreadful morning and next few days.

I have not been drinking every day. Just weekends but still hiding the full amount of intake. Today is day 7 and not having to scheme where I can hide a shooter, estimate how much is just right before my wife gets home, not worry knowing I will be awake heart racing after 4 hours of sleep, knowing I will wake in the morning feeling well, knowing there will be no panic attacks tomorrow over the weekend binge/Monday health affects, and knowing I will make my wife happy being sober and present are whats great about being sober today.

I had a headache and felt puny so put a coat on and set in the sun and wind a bit. Normally that feeling would have led to a Sunday beer then its game on. I know the feeling was just anxiety about being around drinking for the game. I am just so tired of the poisoning then recovery then poisoning again so on and so on.

Hope everyone has a great game day Sunday.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have a head cold from all the pollen but at least not a hangover as well.

The things already mentioned as well as don't have to make a run to the ice house. Didn't have to get beer yesterday due to not selling at the closest stores on Sunday, but then drinking most of that so still have to drive a few extra miles to a store that is selling today. Don't have to worry about getting out early tomorrow morning due to hangover and lack of proper sleep, and not behaving like an idiot halfwit in front of crew tomorrow because of hangover.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

BP normal, no chest pains, no organ pain, no joint pain, so many more hours in the day, mornings, no sweating, grateful, calm, quiet. I could go on and on.
Old 02-02-2020, 01:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So far today I have:

Done laundry
Painted with my daughter
Made brunch for my fiance, daughter and I
Prepped and cooked raspberry bars with my daughter
Had a great workout and nice shower afterwards

A very fun, relaxing and productive Sunday and it's only 4:00 p.m. here 🙂.

If I was drinking, I maybe would've gotten 2 loads of laundry done before being too wasted to do anything else.