Should I turn his "friend" into the police?

Old 11-29-2004, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Should I turn his "friend" into the police?

I know for a fact that 2 "friends" of my AH have been supplying him with the pills he keep relasping on. I have already told them both that they are not welcome around here anymore and if I find out they are supplying him AT ALL that they would have much bigger problems to deal with.

I want to turn these friends into the police and get them out our/his life, but I also don't want my AH to get caught up in the middle if he happens to be there when that knock on the door arrives.

Has anyone here done this? Should I do it, or do I just let them reap what they sow on their own? I would love nothing better than to see these creeps suffer for continuing to make the pills available to him when they know he's in recovery (or trying to be) and when they SWORE to me they wouldn't do it anymore :yelling

I could actually blow his former employer's company out of the water if I turned in everyone I know who is dealing it. They would be flabbergasted to know what has been going on under their noses and on the job. I don't want to hurt his former bosses, I just want to helop get these people off the streets!

What's your opinion?

Last edited by bottleblonde; 11-29-2004 at 05:24 PM. Reason: bad grammar!
Old 11-29-2004, 05:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bottleblonde, do it..turn every last one in..if you can stop them from ever dealing another pill you would be a hero!!! I tried turning in my sons dealer the police told me they have to catch the dealers in the act. Good luck to you.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((bottleblonde)))))

I know exactly how you feel. The thing is honey if your AH is going to use he will just find someone else to buy his pills from I promise...maybe he would end up having to drive farther away or pay more money or both than he is now...

It is such a painful truth to realize that you cannot make them stop no matter what you do. So learn how to detach and take care of you.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I say turn 'em in Blondie! Do it with cool detachment of course! While your A will still find another dealer, these creeps should not get away with the rewards they reap on the ruin they help bring to others. If we all turned the dealers in, there would be a heck of a lot less of them and the cops could more easily spot the ones left in business, by the long lines in front of their houses! Be careful though, and do it anonymously, and from a pay phone, and have different people say different words/phrases, and play it over the phone. ( ie Joe says "Fred", Toms says "sells", etc) Dont tell Joe and Tom the whole story: make something up about a project you are working on. And btw, the cops do not have to catch them in the act: they can conduct surveillance based on your anonymous tip. If the cops show no interest, go to your local politician, like a neighborhood rep/ council member- in the same anonymous manner. And if the dealers live near a school, the penalties are more severe. Bottom line: this is big $$ and DO NOT risk your life, but if it's safe, then do it.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't think it would do any good. He'll get it somewhere else.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Hi Bottleblonde,

I've had thoughts on this myself but only because
I was so angry.

I now have the theory they will be caught in time without my interference. Interestingly enough one
of my son's "associates" who was the most evil person
I ever met just got 81 years...imagine that.

Who needs the stress of "telling"?

It's about us not them. They are going to do what
they are going to do regardless.

Put the focus back on you.

Hugs!!
Old 11-30-2004, 03:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

BB,

Last night at my Al-Anon meeting the topic was Anger. Two things really stuck with me, that anger is always about me. It is about how I feel regarding someone's actions, inactions, statements, etc. It is about me. Also, the depth of anger is usually related to the degree to which I feel my boundaries have been violated.

You didn't cause it, you can't cure it and you won't control it. By trying to get "them" off the streets, but making sure that "your" man isn't affected looks like trying to control it.

The best I can offer is to pray on this before you act. If you pick up the phone ready to dial, say a few more prayers before you do and let your HP guide you along the right path. There is no way to know how this will play out, and it is not within your control.

Peace,
Petunia