Notices

Starting Over Again

Old 01-27-2020, 06:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
WickedlySober

Starting Over Again

Semi natural free range momma of 3, domestic violence warrior starting over again. Alcohol was my drug of choice until my husband started forcing me to do meth because it made me zone out and comply with his demands. Fortunately he is now in prison. Unfortunately it left me with an addicton to meth. But, I'm intentional in my recovery. I have hope and determination for moving forward and redefining my new life with my children. The past is only a chapter, our story is just beginning.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JJ9

Wow! Super impressed by your strength! Best wishes, take care of those kiddos!
Old 01-27-2020, 06:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family! You'll find lots of support here. We even have a special forum just for substance abuse. Look around, read and post, and get to know us.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR MrsBNC!
Old 01-27-2020, 06:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
WickedlySober

Amazing!

Within moments I received encouragement and support, warming my heart and making me cry! I thank you all so much it means so much to me ❤️
Old 01-27-2020, 06:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

you'll find a lot of hope here
SR helped me turn life around - I know we can help you do the same, MrsBNC )

D
Old 01-27-2020, 07:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard mrsbnc. SR has been very instrumental in my recovery and will be for you as well.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome MrsBNC. Hate to say it, but thank goodness he's in jail.

Your turn now! ❤️ The kids, too.

Join us here. Lot of really good people. Lots of support.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome MrsBNC. This is a great place. You are courageous with what you shared. I never did meth, but my buds who did said it is worth quitting. Stay here and post on this thread and tell us how you are doing. Are you clean today, or is tomorrow your Day 1? Regardless, tell us what is going on. The sober road is such a good road. I am living in Day 68 clean and it is amazing. Join us here.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
WickedlySober

My journey...

First I have to say again thank you all, I am so very grateful for your encouragement!

June 12th CPS removed my son due to domestic violence. August 12th "he" was finally arrested with no chance of getting out. I called a friend to come stay with me because I was all alone scared, broken and deeply saddened. She was an amazing support but she always had a supply as well.

November 7th is the last day I used. The first thing I did was remove toxic people from my life and set strong boundaries. I stopped feeling bad for myself and I became empowered for the first time in years. Im living in a new town and only my "tribe" knows where I am. I am finally receiving services and finding support such as this fabulous site with amazing members!

The more love and support you can gather around yourself, the more strength you will find you have. The more you give the more you get back! -LMC
Old 01-27-2020, 09:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Mrs BNC.

I happened upon this site three weeks ago, early days into my (still) early days of sobriety (today, Tuesday, is Day 27 of my Dry and Pot-Free January, which I just committed a day or two ago to extending into Dry and Pot-Free February).

In short, as others have said, and as you can see from exploring the site and from your experience here already, SR is a source of tremendous mutual support to folks at all stages of recovery. The site amazes, inspires, and challenges me every day.

I don't know how much exploring you've done around the site so far, but I noticed early on that the specific drug-related forums and threads seem to be much less active than the alcohol-related areas.

I mentioned that impression in a post, and I agree with something that was pointed out to me in response -- essentially (and I'm paraphrasing) it went something like this: The evolution of our habits of substance abuse as well as our tactics and strategies for fostering sobriety are as varied as our individual stories but share predictable patterns and pathways.

So welcome, one and all, to the SobeRlandia Express.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

Mrs. BNC, I see you've put your most recent meth use a few months behind you, and good for you for all the steps you've taken to erect your support system. Glad to see you're including SR in the mix.

And, Mrs BNC, fyi, yours truly, jr67, was a meth user once upon a time, in a land not so very far away. My last use was last summer.

The jr flight pattern: Ice, pipe, blastoff, crash.

Ethanol remained my substance of choice; my flirtation with meth was a short, shallow one. But I thought you might appreciate knowing that there is a least one active SR member with personal familiarity with meth abuse.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome MrsBNC!

Congrats on almost 3 months clean!
Stick around, we appreciate having you here.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome! I found this site on day 3 of my sobriety (now 42 days). Words can’t explain how the people here have helped me. The positivity here really is amazing. Everyone here has the same goal and will jump through hoops for a chance to help you. You’ve found a great place!
Old 01-28-2020, 08:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome MrsBNC SR is a great place and the support offered here is truly amazing. If you take a read around the forums, they are filled with some great information. I found this site during a adderall binge and thanks to the support from fabulous members, I was able to come up with a plan and get rid of the pills. I’m now 8 days sober. I’ve never done meth, but I’ve abused adderall, and the two might be similar in terms of effects and comedown. Your strength is inspiring and I’m really glad you decided to join us here.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, MrsBNC and well done on making the choice to turn your life around
Old 01-28-2020, 09:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, MrsBNC,

I'm so glad that you were able to get out of your violent, abusive situation. It sounds like you've moved to start over and are doing well. I'm glad you found us.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by MrsBNC View Post
I have hope and determination for moving forward and redefining my new life with my children. The past is only a chapter, our story is just beginning.
Well said. Far too many of us get mired down in thinking if we fully understand our past we can fix it... or maybe just change our future - all the while we're missing out on taking actions today to bring about the very future we're hoping for.