This is my attitude right now.

Old 01-27-2020, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is my attitude right now.

You can have everything you want but you better not take it from me
Old 01-27-2020, 03:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You need to stop drinking, log off, and go to bed Jeff.

D
Old 01-27-2020, 03:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Jeff, I have never posted on your threads, I rarely post here. But dude, call it a night and go to bed. Start tomorrow. You seem like an angry drunk. I was the same way. It ALWAYS ended badly. Don't call anybody, don't send angry e-mails, please just call it a night, drink some water and start again tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You need to stop drinking, log off, and go to bed Jeff.

D
fair enough Dee. I'm done. Talk to you in a couple days.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I apologize in advance...I am going to step away from this community for a period of time. There are people i respect here that have told me they "are done" with me. It hurts but its also true.

PS. For all of you people think I'm done, I will prove you wrong. I will conquer this beast.'
Old 01-27-2020, 04:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I reckon you need to go to bed right now - but no need to 'step away for a while' Jeff - you need more support not less.

I hope you're not including me in I'm done basket - that would be a misapprehension.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hey Jeff...you probably don't know me as I don't post on this side much. I've followed your story because you remind me quite a bit of my stepson.

I hope you will continue to reach out to the people here who care about you and want to help. Please try to get some sleep and come back here tomorrow when you can read what people have written with a clearer head and heart.

I'm rooting for you.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I apologize in advance...I am going to step away from this community for a period of time. There are people i respect here that have told me they "are done" with me. It hurts but its also true.'
Leaving is a mistake jeff, you know that because you've done it before. Or at least threatened to. And for every one that might have said they were done, there are dozens who did not and are here to help you. Do the right thing. Thank your wife for staying home with you today too and dump out the booze.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jeff, you need to get some sleep now, but leaving would be a mistake. I hope you recognize that in the morning. You have a lot of support here, and I really think this is a good place for you to be.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Jeff man, I don't know what you are talking about but you don't need to step away. What are you afraid that others will take away from you? Are you drinking? I thought today was your wife staying home from work and you exploring some detox options. Is that not the plan now? No worries either way. Just talk with us.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nobody on here said they were done with you. I'm not done with you. You are important on this site and you need to get well and come back and help others.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day
You learn to live like an animal in the jungle where we play
If you got hunger for what you see, you'll take it eventually
You can have everything you want but you better not take it from me
Old 01-27-2020, 08:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I don't want to play there Derringer.

I like playing in the surf.
Old 02-02-2020, 05:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Maybe some of those people are just trying different strategies and ways of helping you, if the same straight empathy does not work? I actually often find that sort of no-nonsense type feedback the most helpful when I am stuck, not only with addiction but many things. Undying, unconditional kindness I sometimes just manipulate further. Also, the more negatives may sound like rejection but the mere fact that people respond to you indicate they are not rejecting you.

Also, you keep coming back here with obvious cries for help, Jeff... so it is hard not to assume the interaction and feedback helps some? When I was here in the past struggling with staying sober or doing other obviously not-so-constructive things, I always liked that I got a great variety of feedback, different styles and perspectives, but encouragement to get sober and stay that way was common to all. It only makes sense on a site like this. If this doesn't help now but you need help, by all means try other things!
Old 02-02-2020, 06:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

^^Aellyce, see his other posts. Last I heard via PM was last wk and he was planning to stop drinking. But no updates that I have found so been hoping he's in care somewhere.
Old 02-02-2020, 06:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I hope so too.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
^^Aellyce, see his other posts. Last I heard via PM was last wk and he was planning to stop drinking. But no updates that I have found so been hoping he's in care somewhere.
I hope so too.