Notices

Day 4 massive anxiety

Old 01-26-2020, 04:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 massive anxiety

Hi im on today 4 today which is good but my anxiety is through the roof i feel physically sick and jumpy.
I feel so worried now ive messed my life up by leaving work and won't be able to afford to live, but my life over the past 9 months has been horrible and hell anyway and something has to change. Oh i dont no right from wrong.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 4. For me, it all sort of leveled out around day 10 and I can not tell you how much better I feel now.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that you will start to feel better in a day or so. Hang in there and try to stay positive. It will get better.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Tinkerbeau! You asked me a question on another thread and I've been going to get back to you. My strongest trait is procrastination. Yes, 2019 was awful for me.

Realize you have two things going on. One of the horrors of BP is that more symptoms can suddenly pop up, such as anxiety, that you aren't being treated for. Withdrawal from alcohol can cause anxiety. You are combining the two.

Don't worry about work right now. A lot of people are unable to work when they are in the extreme depressive state of bp. Bp is an extremely complex condition that requires constant treatment. Talk to your doctor. My psychiatrist wants me to call him whenever I have a change in symptoms. A couple of times he has changed my medications after a single phone call.

You are to be commended for giving up alcohol. People often say what might trigger them. If someone were to ask me what my main trigger is, I'd say "bipolar". Call your doctor about the anxiety because it is a major symptom change and he or she will want to know about that.

I hope you feel better soon. Talk to your doctor about the anxiety and please don't make the assumption that it is being caused only by the alcohol withdrawal. I honestly think that with what you are describing you might need to change medications. Talk to your doctor.

I'd also advise you to be very proactive in your care. I look at it with the attitude that I'm sick, my insurance company and I pay a lot of money for my treatment, and I'm going to get my money's worth. I'm lucky to have found the psychiatrist I did. He will return my phone calls and answer emails by the end of the day, even on his days off.

I sort of laughed at a commend that city boy made about "leveled out". That's a hard concept for bp people to understand and most likely, the thing we most want in our lives.

For Tinker, it appears we've been going through the same thing at the same time. I had severe anxiety pop up out of nowhere and I've never had anxiety before. Today get some exercise if you can. A simple walk is exercise and it will help with the anxiety. Eat well. It is said that diet and exercise will help you with this. I am awful at both of these, as are a lot of people with bp.

For everyone, bp is awful and it changes. Once we seem to find a medication that seems to help, things change and we are put on another medication. It seems like we are always playing catch up. I've had depression all my life that was easily controlled by antidepressants. I thought bipolar would be the same - easily controlled by medication.

ForTinker again, there is a website called bphope dot com that has a lot of good information. You are not alone in this battle and I wish you the best. Call your doctor. PM me if there is anything I can do, and in all reality the only thing I can do is support you.

Take care my friend. Again, you are not alone.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you headeast, i will check out website, your reply really helped as it is how i feel i would give anything to feel level, its so hard. 2 years ago i tried to change my life and got new job as was desperate for a new start to put the past behind and people to see a new me but nothing changed and nothing got better, and yes last year it got so much worse and the past is suffocating me, I'm not a new me just a worse version of the old me !! I hoped when i started work i would make friends and get a bit of life but ive gained nothing, im so worried now about money but i can't do it anymore. I wish i could go back and do last 20 years again.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know that anxiety you feel. The uncertainty of everything is so hard to sit with. All the "what ifs". Take it one day at a time. Just worry about today and what you are going to have for dinner. Very simple!
Old 01-26-2020, 09:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Tinkerbeau, congratulations of Day 4. Anxiety would seem about normal right now and particularly so as you have made a major life change. But hey, it sounds like you absolutely made the right decision for you. You won't have taken it lightly. In my experience, when I stay well, new and better opportunities open up. Stay close to SR.
Warm wishes
Lucinda.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all i have just cried for past few hours what felt like big huge tears, can't remember last time i really cried maybe i needed to get it out.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Thank you all i have just cried for past few hours what felt like big huge tears, can't remember last time i really cried maybe i needed to get it out.
I think it's very normal to be more emotional and, as others have stated, it would be unusual for you not to be anxious at the moment. The good news is you're probably over the worst of it and will never have to go through this again if you refrain from drinking. Thins will take time - I'm on day 76 - but you will gradually start to feel better. Good luck and God bless.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Yes, I remember being very anxious in the first week. It does pass.

Feeling very emotional seems to be normal too. I cried for no reason in the shop one day.

You will feel a lot better soon.

​​

Old 01-26-2020, 01:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello

4 days and severe anxiety for me as well on previous times i stopped my anxiety reduced dramatically after 1 week.

playing games on phone etc helps me and going out walks as well.
Old 01-26-2020, 06:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

'Anxiety does improve with time, takes a little while for the brain to balance the change.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Don’t want to be a real downer . My horrible anxiety and depression never went away after quitting . Three years sober and depression getting worse after 24 meds . So my was not an alcohol induced anxiety or depression . I have suffered with it for years and the drinking made it much much worse to the point that I am now treatment resistant . Prayers that this will not be the case for you and that it will, in fact, get better .
Old 01-27-2020, 12:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rharman View Post
Don’t want to be a real downer . My horrible anxiety and depression never went away after quitting . Three years sober and depression getting worse after 24 meds . So my was not an alcohol induced anxiety or depression . I have suffered with it for years and the drinking made it much much worse to the point that I am now treatment resistant . Prayers that this will not be the case for you and that it will, in fact, get better .
Hi rharman yes ive recently been diagnosed with bipolar so i know the anxiety, depression ups and downs are going to be lifelong, but hopefully meds and staying sober and alot of life changes will help.
Im sorry you have had no success with meds i hope you find something that helps you soon
Old 01-27-2020, 01:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well done on 4 days. Hopefully the anxiety will improve soon.