Sexual assault?

Old 01-21-2020, 04:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sexual assault?

Okay so here I am. After Christmas I blocked him and haven't had contact but earlier today an old friend sent me a screenshot (which why on earth would you send something like this to someone you havent been friends with in years?!) That was of a local news facebook page (which I unfollowed because I didn't want to see anything about him when he inevitably got arrested). Well. He got arrested for felonious sexual assault and possession. Please send strong and positive vibes my way, I have managed to make it 8 hours and still havent gone to the news story. I am so angry at this old friend for sending this to me, because now I can't take my mind off being sad over this turn of events. Sexual assault?! I am sure it was just being around people that maybe claimed this falsely because a drug exchange went bad or whatever. I don't know and I can't care.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

well, totally uncool of so called friend. i'm sorry for that unwanted bit of news.

maybe try to see the news as positive reinforcement why you are no longer involved with this person? felonious anything is bad bad news.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like your old "friend" enjoys stirring the pot.
I am so sorry over this turn of events. It sounds like the old "friend" also needs to go.
My motto for the month of January:
"Don't pet the alligators."
Old 01-21-2020, 07:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So sorry that you had to hear this news Meghan. Technology and social media sure have their downsides. I hope you can ride out all the emotions that this brings up. Sending you lots of good karma and so so glad you are no longer involved with this guy.

I like this Eauch: ""Don't pet the alligators.""
Old 01-22-2020, 12:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I am going to remember that!!------"Don't pet the alligators"...…..
Old 01-22-2020, 06:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

*sigh* Well it's news, sort of. Until he's been convicted, though, it's an arrest.

Even if the intent was to re-affirm you did the right thing by ditching your partner, if you wanted to keep tabs on someone's activities, Google works on your computer as well as anyone else's. I think you'd be well within your rights to inform the informer that you un-followed this page for a reason, and will now be blocking the sender.

When I'm tempted to pass along anything of this nature, Carolyn Ingalls' short poem comes to mind. She was Laura Ingalls Wilder's mother.

“If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.”

― Caroline Lake Ingalls
Old 01-22-2020, 06:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm using that quote, Velma. Many thanks!!!!