Notices

Few Weeks Sober But Messed It Up. Help Needed

Old 01-18-2020, 09:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Few Weeks Sober But Messed It Up. Help Needed

Was a few weeks sober from Adderall and I was stressed and I gave in and took some and now I feel like **** and I feel like just wanna take more when the high wears off but the feeling won’t last and I’m rambling and I feel like I messed everything up. Sorry I’m rambling, my thoughts are jumbled and im scared for tomorrow and I went to sleep but my body/mind won’t let me. It’s going to be a long night. I feel like I just messed it all up. Ugh!
Old 01-18-2020, 09:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi SendSleep -

It’s what you do next that matters the most: not taking the next pill.

The urge to take the next pill isn’t you...it’s the drug talking. Don’t listen to it.

I know that you said that your thoughts feel scrambled, but I hear YOU and your voice in your message - you want to be sober and you CAN do this.

Please keep posting - we are here for you.

Warm hugs
Old 01-18-2020, 09:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Can you get help in getting off it again? Like from your doctor? I don't know much about it and have never taken it. I hope you can get off it for good this time.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey SendSleep. I personally don't have experience with adderall, so I'm just gonna throw out a few questions for you to consider. It's not like you have to answer each one here, but please keep in touch.

Are you home? Are you alone? What kind of support system do you have? Do you have anyone you can call nearby? What time is it where you are?

Do you think you're in a medical crisis? What about 9-1-1 or heading to an emergency room? Have you been through something similar before? What did you do to ride it out?

Please keep on line and let SR know what's going on.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi SendSleep - welcome abaord
support really made the difference for me - knowing I wasn;t alone and that people would be with me here any time of the night or day really helped

One little relapse doesn't have to 'mess everything up' - you can make this a blip rather than a full on crash and burn

D
Old 01-18-2020, 10:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

SendSleep, you still around?

I don't know adderall personally, but I've done some meth in the past (last time was last summer), so I've been there, where you have all this energy that you don't know what to do with.

But you know, it wears off, and you gotta let that happen. Don't keep feeding the beast.

And hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Drink lots of water or fruit juice. Not alcohol, it only complicates things. And when's the last time you ate? Eating will help calm your metabolism. I'm no doctor I'm just saying I remember that it took some effort sometimes to realize I should be hungry, and I felt better when I ate something. Bananas are good.

By the way you weren't rambling in your post. It probably felt that way because of your rush, but your thoughts came out logically and it's clear you want to connect with somebody for support.

This is your first post on SR, right? I only found this site a couple of weeks ago, mainly to help me deal with alcohol issues, and it helps tremendously. People are here 24/7, and are here to help you through this.

Are you out there? Whats going on?
Old 01-19-2020, 04:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hopefully today is day 1
Old 01-19-2020, 06:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SereneEdition View Post
Hi SendSleep -

It’s what you do next that matters the most: not taking the next pill.

The urge to take the next pill isn’t you...it’s the drug talking. Don’t listen to it.

I know that you said that your thoughts feel scrambled, but I hear YOU and your voice in your message - you want to be sober and you CAN do this.

Please keep posting - we are here for you.

Warm hugs

THANK YOU!! I was up all night, no sleep. I gave in and took another pill cuz I was scared of the comedown. I’m so stupid. I know I need to get rid of them but Idk if I can. I’m tired. I want to sleep but can’t. This needs to stopS. Like I want my life back and I’m so so tired.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Welcome to the family. Can you get help in getting off it again? Like from your doctor? I don't know much about it and have never taken it. I hope you can get off it for good this time.
Thanks! I need to tell my doctor not to give it to me anymore, I know I need for. I took another pill and I hate myself for it. It needs to stop
Old 01-19-2020, 06:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jr67 View Post
Hey SendSleep. I personally don't have experience with adderall, so I'm just gonna throw out a few questions for you to consider. It's not like you have to answer each one here, but please keep in touch.

Are you home? Are you alone? What kind of support system do you have? Do you have anyone you can call nearby? What time is it where you are?

Do you think you're in a medical crisis? What about 9-1-1 or heading to an emergency room? Have you been through something similar before? What did you do to ride it out?

Please keep on line and let SR know what's going on.
thank you! Sorry for the late reply, couldn’t focus on the screen cuz I had too many thoughts. I gave in and took another pill this morming. Ugh. I’m afraid of the comedown. I want To sleep but I can’t, I’m tired, so so tired. At home, I live alone and my friends party. I have a sober friend but we aren’t close. Not a medical emergency, I need to ride it out by sleeping and eat and sleep. After this high wears off, I need sleep. Sleep for a few days and then I’ll be okay. This needs to stop. I’m scared of the comedown. This happened a few weeks ago when I first quit
Old 01-19-2020, 06:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi SendSleep - welcome abaord
support really made the difference for me - knowing I wasn;t alone and that people would be with me here any time of the night or day really helped

One little relapse doesn't have to 'mess everything up' - you can make this a blip rather than a full on crash and burn

D

Thank you! I couldn’t focus on screens last night, had too much thoughts. I gave in todsy and took another pill cuz I’m scared of the comedown. I’m tired but can’t sleep and I’m tired. I’m tired of being like this. I need to stop, to get rid of this.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Since I was a drunk for my entire life, I never developed mature coping mechanisms.

Knowing what needs to be done, doing it, and feeling great afterwards for a long time all have hiccups.

Suffering is the only way I know to get through.

Constant internal reinforcement that everything is fine gets tiresome.

But, it less tiresome than before and moving in the right direction.

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jr67 View Post
SendSleep, you still around?

I don't know adderall personally, but I've done some meth in the past (last time was last summer), so I've been there, where you have all this energy that you don't know what to do with.

But you know, it wears off, and you gotta let that happen. Don't keep feeding the beast.

And hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Drink lots of water or fruit juice. Not alcohol, it only complicates things. And when's the last time you ate? Eating will help calm your metabolism. I'm no doctor I'm just saying I remember that it took some effort sometimes to realize I should be hungry, and I felt better when I ate something. Bananas are good.

By the way you weren't rambling in your post. It probably felt that way because of your rush, but your thoughts came out logically and it's clear you want to connect with somebody for support.

This is your first post on SR, right? I only found this site a couple of weeks ago, mainly to help me deal with alcohol issues, and it helps tremendously. People are here 24/7, and are here to help you through this.

Are you out there? Whats going on?

THANK YOU!! After I posted Couldn’t look at screens last night cuz I had so many thoughts. Im stupid and gave in and took another pill this morning and I hate myself and your right I need to stop feeding the beast and I’m scared of the comedown. I’m tired of this. I don’t want to be like this but Idk if I can be productive without it. I can’t sleep cuz I’m wired. I feel like I should be productive and do something but I’m not sure what to do. I just feel like I have to do SOMETHING. not sure if I can handle food but I need to go out and get food, I don’t really have much at my place. Or I could order in the food, food delivery!! I feel like food is too lumpy, idk but a banana sounds okay. I just want this to be over, I want to skip ahead until I’m done with this and okay. Time travel should be a thing. I’m sorry I’m rambling. I feel better reading your post, so thank you. I’m scared for the comedown. Thank you again for listening and sorry I’m rambling. Any tips for sleep? I just need sleep. I hope you are having a good day.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post
Hopefully today is day 1
sadly no. I gave in and took another pill cuz I’m stupid and scared of the comedown. Ugh I hate myself. I need sleep for this to be over so I can be okay and be normal again cuz I’m not now. Hopefully tomorrow will be day 1.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I don't think sleep is going to happen on Adderall.

Throw the rest of them away, eat something and make an appointment with a doctor for help. Can you go for a run or a long nature hike? It will help work off the drug and will center you. Run to the store (literally run) for bananas. How about some bread and peanut butter to go with that? One of my favorite snacks.

In the meantime, can you read around these forums? There is a lot of wisdom and pain here and you will see that it is possible to get off drugs and lead a happier life.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I don't think sleep is going to happen on Adderall.

Throw the rest of them away, eat something and make an appointment with a doctor for help. Can you go for a run or a long nature hike? It will help work off the drug and will center you. Run to the store (literally run) for bananas. How about some bread and peanut butter to go with that? One of my favorite snacks.

In the meantime, can you read around these forums? There is a lot of wisdom and pain here and you will see that it is possible to get off drugs and lead a happier life.
yea sleep on adderall isn’t happening, my body is tired but my mind isn’t but I’m also not tired. I know I need to throw the rest of them away, idk if I can right this second. I will make an appointment with a doctor when they open tomorrow. I’m not hungry but your right I think I need food. I live in the city so I could go to a park and run around there. I’ll run to the store for some bananas and bread and peanut butter, it sounds good and like calming or like a heavy food that might help. Idk if I’m making sense, sorry. It’s cold here but I’m warm so the cold might help too with the running.

That’s a good idea, I’ll look at some forums too. Sometimes it’s hard to focus on screens cuz I have so much thoughts going on, but I’m okay for now so should take a look around I want to know it’s okay to be without drugs. I hope your Sunday is going well (I think it’s Sunday lol)
Old 01-19-2020, 07:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Bananas are a food that is supposed to help the nervous system...so maybe your body is telling you what to do.

This is from Healthline, not sure how much credence to give it, but here ya go.

Other Foods That May Help With Anxiety

While some of the foods listed below have not been studied specifically for their anti-anxiety effects, they are rich in nutrients thought to improve related symptoms.
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

Summary:
Some foods contain specific nutrients that may promote brain health and help prevent anxiety or reduce the severity of your symptoms.
It is Sunday. Still dark out.

I used to take Adderall. I quit cold turkey.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Bananas are a food that is supposed to help the nervous system...so maybe your body is telling you what to do.

This is from Healthline, not sure how much credence to give it, but here ya go.

It is Sunday. Still dark out.

I used to take Adderall. I quit cold turkey.
thanks!! Will have to have some of those suggestions. Oh good glad it’s Sunday I lost track of time. Congrats on quitting!! How was quitting cold turkey? Idk if I can do it, like maybe I should taper myself down but idk if I can do that either since I feel like I’d just keep doing it. I just think once I sleep after the high wears off I’ll feel better, but I’m also scared I might wanna take more. So I should just get rid of it now before the crash I think maybe.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Yes. I was taking Adderall as prescribed, not abusing it. I just didn't want to take it any more so I stopped.

Here's the thing though.

I stopped all my meds at one time in a fit of, "I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!"

I survived.

I don't know if it's necessarily dangerous to quit Adderall cold turkey - I just did it. Best thing I have done. Now med free, alcohol free.

The key word here is Free.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:33 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Yes. I was taking Adderall as prescribed, not abusing it. I just didn't want to take it any more so I stopped.

Here's the thing though.

I stopped all my meds at one time in a fit of, "I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!"

I survived.

I don't know if it's necessarily dangerous to quit Adderall cold turkey - I just did it. Best thing I have done. Now med free, alcohol free.

The key word here is Free.
that’s great!! congrats!!! It seems like there’s hope for me yet. I was given a prescription and then started abusing it. I tapered myself down a few weeks ago and then I relapsed and came here. So maybe I just need to stop cold turkey cuz idk if tapering was actually working for me. I want to be done and free, I’m tired of this!