Notices

259 days

Old 01-18-2020, 03:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

259 days

Good morning and happy weekend fam. Hope all is well in sober land for ya. 7 work nights to go. Its all good. So today is my 259th day sauce free. I know some folks are like wassup with this daily count thing. Some like it some don't. For me its personal its not counting the days sober it's counting the days of living. 259 days ago I was just surviving. Barely. Strung out. Hungover on a constant basis and for what? What was I gaining from doing that crap to my body. But yet did it for decades and let's see what do I have to show for it. Multiple DUIs. Divorce. Lost job . car home. Jail. Not to mention the beating my liver was taking. Now let's look what I have gained being sober. New job. Car. Woman my health . my sanity my self respect. My life back. And I want to keep all that. Just take it one Day at a time ✌
Old 01-18-2020, 03:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing. 259 days seems kind of like a pipe dream right now.
Old 01-18-2020, 03:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
Good morning and happy weekend fam. Hope all is well in sober land for ya. 7 work nights to go. Its all good. So today is my 259th day sauce free. I know some folks are like wassup with this daily count thing. Some like it some don't. For me its personal its not counting the days sober it's counting the days of living. 259 days ago I was just surviving. Barely. Strung out. Hungover on a constant basis and for what? What was I gaining from doing that crap to my body. But yet did it for decades and let's see what do I have to show for it. Multiple DUIs. Divorce. Lost job . car home. Jail. Not to mention the beating my liver was taking. Now let's look what I have gained being sober. New job. Car. Woman my health . my sanity my self respect. My life back. And I want to keep all that. Just take it one Day at a time ✌
LOL

I have only been here a couple of days and as soon as I saw the thread I was like " Sober must make a post counting every day".

I don't have an issue with it and not sure why anyone would but if this is what you do then as they say " you do you".

Thanks for posting btw, good to see others having success.

Day3 for me

Ha, I should join the poet thread lol
Old 01-18-2020, 04:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Every day, I love your posts!

TrueStory
Old 01-18-2020, 04:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep doing the Day Count! You're giving others hope.

I am so happy to read these every day and I for one would totally miss this.

~Blessings on another sober weekend, SoberRican
Old 01-18-2020, 04:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"...its not counting the days sober it's counting the days of living."

Thats an awesome way of looking at things SR

You get a hula smiley for positivity today