Notices

Day 32

Old 01-09-2020, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 32

Not much new going on. My wife has pneumonia after the flu which sucks. I'm taking her to the doc today to get an antibiotic injection. It's not very bad so luckily we caught it early. I'll attend a meeting tonight (12 & 12) and watch some Vikings. I'm also officially working the steps with a temporary sponsor (I'm hoping he becomes a permanent one as I really get along with him and trust him). He gave me a packet of steps 1, 2, & 3 to work on and advised me to take it slow.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear your wife ended up with pneumonia. That's awful.

Well done on Day 32, though. It's so good that you're able to be sober and to be there for your wife through her illness.

How do YOU feel about, "taking it slow," with those steps? You've mentioned that a couple times...
Old 01-09-2020, 06:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear your wife ended up with pneumonia. That's awful.

Well done on Day 32, though. It's so good that you're able to be sober and to be there for your wife through her illness.

How do YOU feel about, "taking it slow," with those steps? You've mentioned that a couple times...
I feel just fine about it. I've had zero desire to drink and I'm really busy right now so slow suits me. If I don't slow myself down I have the tendency to just rush through things to get them done without digesting the info properly. Also I'm a speed reader and gloss over a lot that my brain deems unimportant so taking time to break down each section is pretty helpful. I'll be meeting up with Eric on Saturday for a 1 on 1 meeting, then meeting up with a few other guys from AA on Sunday for an informal group meeting. I think I'm on the right track and he may decide to speed things up eventually but I'm just kind of trusting in him and the group. Eric has a really good sponsor (his sponsor has been sober for 29 years and actually bought my wife and me our Big Books).