Notices

Day 27

Old 01-04-2020, 05:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 27

The days just keep stacking up and it feels great. I have a busy day planned between taking family pics (with my maternal side of the immediate family), hanging out with my wife watching Vikings (crazy show!), and the annual family January dinner. A couple of people will be drinking lightly at the dinner but that OK. It's not an event centered around booze and I have no desire to drink. I plan to hit the noon meeting today to fit everything in. Last night's Speaker Meeting was insane. The story told by the guy with 16 years sober was horrifying and uplifting at the end. Also there was a guy that was CLEARLY on heroin as he was "on the nod" the entire meeting. He almost fell out of his chair several times. I hope he keeps coming back and gets sober because that was really disturbing and sad to watch.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats!

Keep that momentum going.

Im on a such a different road right now I cant imagine going back.

Rock on
Old 01-04-2020, 08:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That sounds like a great plan for the day cantsleep. The poor guy at AA - yeah that is really sad but also super motivating right? Have a great day and get that 30-chip in a few days!!!
Old 01-04-2020, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

All my activities from enjoying making my bed and getting my coffee in the morning, talking with my wife, watching tv, going shopping etc etc, are all 100% better every day since day 1.

My body has adjusted to no booze and generates internal pleasure from living life every step of the way.

Initially, it took more stimulation e.g. herbal teas, calming music, super healthy food. Now it takes almost nothing to feel normal, like an empty stomach.

Now it seems the biggest thing I can do to feel jacked up is to eat or drink things that are too sugary, fatty, or loaded with supplements (like an energy drink).

As I feel better and better the crave usually whispers it is ok to drink. It will never ever stop. It will whisper, like a demon on my shoulder, for the rest of my life.

It is ok. I am trained, thanks to my God, SR, AA, and the www.

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that other guy finds the strength and support he needs.
Congrats to you on day 27 CS.

D