Notices

Anniversary

Old 12-31-2019, 02:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anniversary

Hey guys! I just realized I just had an anniversary the day after Christmas. July 3, 2001 Ihad been trying to get my x wife to move out of my house. We were married in 1975, divorced after 2 children and 5 years later. She left me with a 2 month old little girl and a1 year and 2 months old little boy. I remarried and divorced a few times (alcohol related). The two children, teenagers at the time went to florida to live with her for a while. Fast forward many years, I went to Florida to visit kids and grand child and for some reason(alcohol related) I brought my x wife back to Indiana with me. After a couple of years I came home from work about an hour late and found her hanging in my bathroom. Kinda shocking! I started swimming in vodka off and on. Christmas always bummed me out so I knew a girl that could get some morphine. I went to her house, we went to get it, she gave me a shot in one arm then in a while the other arm. The next thing I know I am in icu at a hospital with this thing on my face forcing air in my lungs. They explained that I had collapsed lungs. I had laid on the floor for about 12 hours. My hands were blue and they didn't think I was going to make it. My daughter told me today that my heart had stopped and it took them 10 minutes to get it going again. I couldn't feel one of my legs for a few days. I still have problems with it. I quit drinking for a while but started back up after a couple of months. So glad that I found SR! I really don't think I would be able to write this if I hadn't. Thank you all for being here!
Old 12-31-2019, 03:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow. Glad you’re here!! Happy New Year.
Old 12-31-2019, 03:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds like a rough road man - I'm glad you found us too Tomls

D
Old 12-31-2019, 03:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for all you've gone through and I'm glad you're here with us now.