New appartment

Old 12-31-2019, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New appartment

AH reached out to tell me he has gotten an apartment. Feel relieved, yet a little sad. He also said not to stay in tonight and that he would pay for a babysitter. Makes me laugh. I am very happy not doing anything tonight. I am put off by the whole drinking scene atm so told him no, thanks. Think it's because he wants to see me out. Always says that he wants someone to party with. But that's every night to him. I checked our account and he has drank every night since just before Christmas, and has wasted SO much money. I feel sad for how he is choosing to live his life, but not enough to let it distract me from how I want to live mine right now.

Anyone else's husband react on their emotions and not think long term? Husband has always done that with decisions, even though he knows we should be praying on it. Feeling hopeful for my future today, though. I put my trust in God for my peace today, and strength to get through another day.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Erza, sounds like you are having a really rough time. I have an AH who is increasing emotionally distant, so can't relate on that front.
What leapt out of your story was the impact he is having on your bank account - for two reasons. One, that he is using joint money to drink, but also that you have evidence of his drinking every day. That means you have some way of monitoring it. Can you get your own bank account so you at least have some security?
Old 12-31-2019, 12:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So Mr. Magnanimous won't give you money for CHILD SUPPORT, but he's offered to pay for a night's babysitter so you can go out drinking?
how, um, kind of him..............
Old 12-31-2019, 01:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
So Mr. Magnanimous won't give you money for CHILD SUPPORT, but he's offered to pay for a night's babysitter so you can go out drinking?
A window into the mind and priorities of an alkie
Old 12-31-2019, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wombaticus View Post
Erza, sounds like you are having a really rough time. I have an AH who is increasing emotionally distant, so can't relate on that front.
What leapt out of your story was the impact he is having on your bank account - for two reasons. One, that he is using joint money to drink, but also that you have evidence of his drinking every day. That means you have some way of monitoring it. Can you get your own bank account so you at least have some security?

He canceled the card I usually used but I still have the log in online to know what's going on. He also sees it as HIS money.

I do have an account that I have been putting some cash into here and there from some side writing jobs.

He is so emotional distant. So cold with everything.
Old 12-31-2019, 03:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
I noticed this too. He has an anterior motive. Possibly to see me out, or wanting me to drink and join him somehow.
Old 12-31-2019, 03:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Enjoy your peace and quiet while he is out drinking . Keep stashing away money for your future. You will be fine, and he won't.
Hugs and Happy New Year!