Dinner at home sounds lovely.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mr

I'll be joining you (in spirit)
Old 12-29-2019, 11:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

In spirit. No pun intended, Vman?

My plans do not include going anywhere except work (until 8:30-ish at night) or drinking anything but tea or maybe some hot cider.

Christmas is not a huge deal to me, but the new year always is. I make time to think over the past year, take a good look at where I am now, and think about what I might want to do/see/improve/learn in the new one. In the past couple of years, I've started to do some sort of little "letting go" ceremony, too. I want to keep the lessons of the past with me, but not the anger or regret or sorrow...

And most important to me, I make sure I spend time in nature. Whether that's a quick trip around the block w/the dogs if it's cold or nasty out or a longer walk in a local park if the weather's milder, it's absolutely non-negotiable.

Happy New Year to all here, and best wishes for a year that's full of positive energy as well as peace.

Old 12-29-2019, 11:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

My normal now is spirit = the nonphysical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul.

Today I'm reflecting on my old cell phone that doesn't work. I've kept it for several reasons. I had a repair plan that would have replaced it for quite an affordable price last year and now I'm open to replacing it with the same exact model from eBay for half that price. What's old can be new again! Lol

It has a great camera, battery life is amazing and it was a part of some fabulous travel days, including watching movies while tent camping in the mountains. There's something very restorative for me in watching a light-hearted movie, sleeping deeply and waking up to being in nature.
Old 12-29-2019, 12:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=honeypig;7345110]In spirit. No pun intended, Vman?

My plans do not include going anywhere except work (until 8:30-ish at night) or drinking anything but tea or maybe some hot cider.

Christmas is not a huge deal to me, but the new year always is. I make time to think over the past year, take a good look at where I am now, and think about what I might want to do/see/improve/learn in the new one. In the past couple of years, I've started to do some sort of little "letting go" ceremony, too. I want to keep the lessons of the past with me, but not the anger or regret or sorrow...

And most important to me, I make sure I spend time in nature. Whether that's a quick trip around the block w/the dogs if it's cold or nasty out or a longer walk in a local park if the weather's milder, it's absolutely non-negotiable.

Happy New Year to all here, and best wishes for a year that's full of positive energy as well as peace.

Your approach to NYE sounds wonderful and I think I will approach it similarly this year!
Old 12-29-2019, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i hate NYE since many of the neighbors around the lake shoot off fireworks, with some big boomers, and our boy Bucky is just terrified of the boom booms anymore. we have to get him thru tonite's Seahawks game, as again, the neighbors set off horns and boom booms for each score.

that blows cuz we WANT the Hawks to score....a lot. so, sorry Buckeroo.

NYE hopefully signifies the end of the endless holiday ads on TV.
and the endless high calorie foods. i'll be going on a broth diet.

us (former) professional drinkers always called NYE "amateur night" - people who have no business trying to consume a LOT of alcohol in a short period of time. same with St Paddy's day. it's truly best to just stay home and safe.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm making plans for an Al-Anon noon meeting, playtime/running stairs/yoga this afternoon and pad Thai at home this evening, with meditation throughout the day.

Honoring this day of 2019. May it be incredible.

Dictionary, incredible: If you describe something or someone as incredible, you like them very much or are impressed by them, because they are extremely or unusually good.
[approval]
The wildflowers will be incredible after this rain.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'll be going to a friend's open house to eat a few snacks. It will be a small amount of people and I'll probably leave before midnight to avoid the drunks on the road. The idea that I can drink if I want to hasn't sunk in all these years after being a permanent DD for my EXAH.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well TCM is playing ALL the Thin Man Movies and I am recording them.

Making cookies and brewing pots of tea!

TCM has been my "go to" for NYE for decades.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

How was it Mango??

I have never been a big New Years person. I was invited with some friends to a big event, but decided to stay in. I took my child and a friend to dinner, and we rented scary movies and ate ice cream. It was great! The next day my mom cooked us lunch and I went to bed rather early on New Years Day because I had to come back to work today after 8 days off!!! Hard to come back, but I just have the rest of today and tomorrow then the weekend!
Old 01-02-2020, 06:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life is good

Happy New Year's hopeful & everyone!!

It was really good.