Notices

Good morning/ afternoon/ evening

Old 12-25-2019, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good morning/ afternoon/ evening

Joined here a while ago but have been back more recently reading and educating myself. Long story short, I have problems with binge drinking. I abuse alcohol to deal with past experiences and repress emotions. Unfortunately I've not been able to love myself enough to deal with my issues in a healthy way. That is changing today!
I'm enjoying this Christmas day sober and hangover free. Only day 2, but many more days to come. Hoping to come here often to encourage and be encouraged. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and many healthy blessings for the New Year!
Old 12-25-2019, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! Keep on keepin on! We are with you!
Old 12-25-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Formy2boys2 View Post
Joined here a while ago but have been back more recently reading and educating myself. Long story short, I have problems with binge drinking. I abuse alcohol to deal with past experiences and repress emotions. Unfortunately I've not been able to love myself enough to deal with my issues in a healthy way. That is changing today!
I'm enjoying this Christmas day sober and hangover free. Only day 2, but many more days to come. Hoping to come here often to encourage and be encouraged. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and many healthy blessings for the New Year!

This is just awesome! Merry Christmas. Congrats on day 2
Here is to a brand new existence Sober. It is the easier , softer way and you and your family deserve it much.

Welcome. I post and read and day for support.
If you have thoughts of drinking post here first. If you can check out an AA meeting I would. Discover all your new likes and comfort zones.
Old 12-25-2019, 07:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome. What better gift to give to yourself than a gift that keeps on giving. Happy holidays. ✌
Old 12-25-2019, 01:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas!
Congratulations on day two. You're off to a great start, I think, because you realize the reason you binge drink.
It may suppress those memories for awhile, but as you know it won't make them go away.
It's like, 'I'm going to drink to get back at you'.
Never a good idea. I went through a phase like that, but then my drinking accelerated and I just became a drunk drinking nearly every day. Alcoholism is a progressive, chronic, relapsing disease.
But you can stop it before it takes over your life completely, as it did mine.

Do whatever it takes my friend. If you are ready and willing to go to any length to get sober, you can't go wrong.
Best to you, and remember, you never have to drink again.
Glad you're back and stick around here.
Best to you.
Old 12-25-2019, 01:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome
Old 12-25-2019, 04:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back

D
Old 12-26-2019, 02:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for responding! It means a lot. Day 3. Yesterday was hard. I cried a lot for just little things that made no sense. This is the pattern I fall into, but made it through without reaching for a bottle. My oldest is 13 and he was worried. Tried not to ruin Christmas but feeling as I have let them down so many times just sent me on an emotional rollercoaster.
My husband passed away in 2016 from alcoholism at 39. I know where this road leads. I also know how it hurts kids. Just need to be a better mom and stop using alcohol as an excuse. A colleague is sending me some info on a therapist. She doesnt know the extent of my drinking as I only drink at home by myself.
I know I can make it this time because I am going to quit hiding. Ive gone 8 months before, but never built myself a community of support.
Thank you all for being a rock and voice of reason for all those that struggle and seek support
Old 12-26-2019, 02:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you made your way back here

D
Old 12-26-2019, 03:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Really well done on not reaching for the bottle yesterday. Not easy but you did it. I think your avatar says it all. I appreciate that getting sober is a personal decision and it's mostly only about the person but it sounds as if you made the day much better for your 13 year old as well as yourself. I feel you can definitely do this and I admire you for making the decision. If it helps I can tell you that in June, when I stopped, Christmas seemed like a very distant and impossible milestone yet here it is. And it was truly wonderful (and almost a first) ) for me to celebrate it sober. It is worth it. Keep on posting. That made such a difference to me.
Old 12-26-2019, 04:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Formy2boys2 View Post
Thank you all so much for responding! It means a lot. Day 3. Yesterday was hard. I cried a lot for just little things that made no sense. This is the pattern I fall into, but made it through without reaching for a bottle. My oldest is 13 and he was worried. Tried not to ruin Christmas but feeling as I have let them down so many times just sent me on an emotional rollercoaster.
My husband passed away in 2016 from alcoholism at 39. I know where this road leads. I also know how it hurts kids. Just need to be a better mom and stop using alcohol as an excuse. A colleague is sending me some info on a therapist. She doesnt know the extent of my drinking as I only drink at home by myself.
I know I can make it this time because I am going to quit hiding. Ive gone 8 months before, but never built myself a community of support.
Thank you all for being a rock and voice of reason for all those that struggle and seek support
I am so so glad you are here with us today I love you and hope you will continue on with us sending all the prayers love and hugs in the world x

Thier gone but they are never really gone honey I know this xxx
Old 12-26-2019, 04:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Your with us now so let's get another 8 months going on here. You can hit the new decade and 2020 sober, clear and calm and back on your right road. You are the most important reason to be sober but you and I both have others who need us desperately so there are other powerful reasons to stay on our paths together. I am living in Day 36. So grateful and it feels so simple. My head is calm and this is my favorite time of day. I cannot imagine being sober 8 months but I intend to find out what that feels like. Stay here on SR and keep posting a bunch.
Old 12-26-2019, 05:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Your kids are going to be the real winners here.

Im so proud of you for making this decision. You know the time is right.

So much support and understanding here to help you along the wzy xxxxx
Old 12-27-2019, 05:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you all again! You are so inspirational. Day 4 and at peace with my decision. Drinking isn't any fun anymore (hasn't been for years). Have a blessed day!
Old 12-27-2019, 04:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi there, Formy2boys, and welcome. Also, congratulations on four days. Sobriety is a wonderful gift to give yourself, and you've come to the right place for advice, support and encouragement. SR has been a vital part of my recovery, and I hope you stick around and post often. Wishing you all the best on your sober journey.