Notices

Day 10

Old 12-23-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10

Feeling a bit better physically and emotionally.

Yesterday I went to church with some family. I didn't go to mass for many years. Not really sure if it helped but praying seems to help. I prayed for several months for help to stop drinking and it seems my prayers were answered. Prayer seems to be making me more humble and grateful.

Does prayer help anyone else? Or going to a church?
Old 12-23-2019, 04:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I pray constantly when I need it and also when I am thankful.

I prayed for God to help me to quit drinking 4 years ago and I haven't drank yet.

Prayer is what keeps me clean and gives me strength when I am in my darkest personal time.

The desire to drink still has not totally gone away. It never will. Folks regret relapse after decades of sobriety.

I changed my lifestyle. I am a proud non drinker. Drinking was a learned behavior.

The main thing I have to do when all the activity is over and I sit alone is learn to handle some suffering.

My brain has been damaged by booze and has had to rewire. Any drinking will alter and stymie my growth.

I will never drink again. It will destroy me.

Thanks.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello and congrats on ten days . pretty cool that you mentioned that. Cause I just responded to a post with similar details. Almost like do I believe in the power of prayer? Heck yes I do. . let me back this I always believed if you will during my lunicy. But I had reservations and of coarse he knows everything right? Well fast forward now . 233 days ago I sincerely dropped to my knees a total defeated mess. I was broken. And I didnt ask I begged for a chance to redeem myself and to guide. Me . 233 days ago this story would of flourished. I dont go to church. But I still get my fix. If you will. I have a personal relationship with him. And he is proud of his work I'm doing for him. Now this is what works for me. ✌
Old 12-23-2019, 05:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
I pray constantly when I need it and also when I am thankful.

I prayed for God to help me to quit drinking 4 years ago and I haven't drank yet.

Prayer is what keeps me clean and gives me strength when I am in my darkest personal time.

The desire to drink still has not totally gone away. It never will. Folks regret relapse after decades of sobriety.

I changed my lifestyle. I am a proud non drinker. Drinking was a learned behavior.

The main thing I have to do when all the activity is over and I sit alone is learn to handle some suffering.

My brain has been damaged by booze and has had to rewire. Any drinking will alter and stymie my growth.

I will never drink again. It will destroy me.

Thanks.
I'm glad prayer has been so powerful for you.

Thanks for the reminder that people can relapse after decades of sobriety. It is important to remember that.

I also intend to never take a drink again for the rest of my life.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
Hello and congrats on ten days . pretty cool that you mentioned that. Cause I just responded to a post with similar details. Almost like do I believe in the power of prayer? Heck yes I do. . let me back this I always believed if you will during my lunicy. But I had reservations and of coarse he knows everything right? Well fast forward now . 233 days ago I sincerely dropped to my knees a total defeated mess. I was broken. And I didnt ask I begged for a chance to redeem myself and to guide. Me . 233 days ago this story would of flourished. I dont go to church. But I still get my fix. If you will. I have a personal relationship with him. And he is proud of his work I'm doing for him. Now this is what works for me. ✌
Very happy prayer has helped you too and that you have a personal relationship with God.

I too dropped to my knees a broken mess and asked for help. I think prayer is going to be an important part of my recovery journey.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mary88 View Post
Feeling a bit better physically and emotionally.

Yesterday I went to church with some family. I didn't go to mass for many years. Not really sure if it helped but praying seems to help. I prayed for several months for help to stop drinking and it seems my prayers were answered. Prayer seems to be making me more humble and grateful.

Does prayer help anyone else? Or going to a church?
Prayer can be a direct, empowering and healthy behavior that works to regain control over our emotions. Addictions always serve and emotional purpose. Prayer can work if it helps us escape the trap of feeling helpless, powerless and lacking control about specific, important circumstances in life that we find overwhelming. We always have a binary choice. We can regain control of how we feel, with direct healthy behavior or regain control with displaced-substitute behaviors such as substance abuse and other behaviors. Addictions is all about control and emotion management. Our emotional IQ.

If you value your relationship with God, more important than your addiction to substances, your addiction will cease to exist. It's finding serenity in choosing the right options that will make you happy in the long run. Finding meaning, values and purpose in life. You are not powerless to choose a better life.
Jeremiah 29:13 “You will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.”
Old 12-23-2019, 06:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 10 Mary.

CRRHCC I realy find your posts helpful. Thanks🎄
Old 12-23-2019, 08:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks CRRHCC and ShiftHappens.