Notices

6 months plus...interesting job opportunity

Old 12-22-2019, 10:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 months plus...interesting job opportunity

So it has been over 6 months now and sober and jobless. The interesting thing is that I was offered a job about 6 weeks ago, but it fell through because of the background check. I had a pending court case and they didn't want to wait for it. So now I get a new job off which needs me to drive from location to location. Funny thing is my license was just suspended on the 19th and I don't have a good driving record. Needless to say I won't be getting this job. It is so comical because the job I was originally offered paid more, and was inside an office. So I'll count the days until they tell me sorry we can't hire you.

I really can't stop finding the humor in my life. It isn't a haha funny more of feel like jumping off a bridge if I had the guts to funny.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey friend I know it sucks the no job thing . that just means those gigs were not meant to be brother. No worries your doing good not boozing. Big plus. Go back to the drawing board and rethink things . Get that mind working and execute. You dont need a license to work. Shoot I am banned for life to drive. You just got to improvise feel me . think about it I have to meet a criteria and its not good as far as background etc. So I had to try harder get myself out there cast your bait . resumes etc. See if you get a nibble. Believe it or not you are working your just not getting paid for it. Yet. See where I'm going at with this. If you were boozing your mind is all scrambled . sober you can think . ✌
Old 12-23-2019, 06:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

At this moment getright15, your two roads are to wander this earth with no car but sober, or to wander this earth with no car and drunk. If you play that movie for a while, the sober road gives you a chance to wander into something good. The drunk road is a hopeless road with nothing there but pain, sickness, misery and suffering. Right now real life sucks for you but it isn't always going to be that way. Keep staying sober because it is your only shot. And you are NOT going to jump off a dang bridge. That would wound us, your people, very deeply and would be an intentional harm, which is the worst kind. Today start calling every single place of business within a 5-mile radius, and all others that you can get to on public transportation if that is an option, and start looking around for any job. Be humble and do the job that you find first and that will be it. Upward from there. But that plan will only work on the sober road.