Notices

Day 8

Old 12-21-2019, 01:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8

Delighted to be on day 8.

Feeling better emotionally. More patience with people. Less irritable.

Last night I dreamt about drinking a glass of red wine. This reminds me not to become complacent about my recovery.

There's a man I'm attracted to and I think the feeling is mutual. However, I notice he talks about alcohol a lot. It seems he spends a lot of his time in the pub. I will have to keep my distance from him.
Old 12-21-2019, 01:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done Mary, day 8 is great. I am more patient too - have more time for everything and every one. It's lovely.
I agree about the attractive man - you need to nurture and protect your sobriety these early days.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would find it difficult to be with someone who drinks. Unless he is like one of those people who has a beer like every couple months.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Now that I changed my lifestyle to a never drink again because booze poisons me kind of person....I am glad my wife hardly drinks. It would be a big issue if she was an active addict.

I see booze as a highly addictive Neuro toxin that altered my brain for life. I slowly and painfully climbed out of my hell hole. I am never going there again. Drinking was a learned behavior that has been unlearned. Addict for life.

Thanks.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberStevie View Post
Well done Mary, day 8 is great. I am more patient too - have more time for everything and every one. It's lovely.
I agree about the attractive man - you need to nurture and protect your sobriety these early days.
Agree sobriety is the most important thing. Delighted you are more patient too.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreedomCA View Post
I would find it difficult to be with someone who drinks. Unless he is like one of those people who has a beer like every couple months.
Yes I would find it difficult too. It's usually spirits he talks about. He seems to bring alcohol into every conversation.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Now that I changed my lifestyle to a never drink again because booze poisons me kind of person....I am glad my wife hardly drinks. It would be a big issue if she was an active addict.

I see booze as a highly addictive Neuro toxin that altered my brain for life. I slowly and painfully climbed out of my hell hole. I am never going there again. Drinking was a learned behavior that has been unlearned. Addict for life.

Thanks.

It's great your wife seldom drinks. I feel it's important to be around people who don't drink or rarely drink.

Agree with you about booze being highly addictive and being an addict for life. I know I must never take a drink for the rest of my life.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done, Mary. Best to work on your recovery and not worry about new relationships. My focus for me.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You are right, Phoenix. Staying sober and recovery is the most important thing.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yeah, big red flags all over that guy.

There are a lot of those guys out there. Danger! They can be so alluring, but you are thinking clearly.

I'm glad you're on Day 8 - protect that with your life.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I ended my 24 year marriage because my ex husband was Italian and insisted that his drinking was "cultural" and that he was " functional".

The wine turned into vodka, the pot he said he needed to sleep turned into sleeping pills...

Its such a turn off for me now.

I agree with bimini. Those guys are a dime a dozen. Run dont walk.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Yeah, big red flags all over that guy.

There are a lot of those guys out there. Danger! They can be so alluring, but you are thinking clearly.

I'm glad you're on Day 8 - protect that with your life.
Originally Posted by ShiftHappens View Post
I ended my 24 year marriage because my ex husband was Italian and insisted that his drinking was "cultural" and that he was " functional".

The wine turned into vodka, the pot he said he needed to sleep turned into sleeping pills...

Its such a turn off for me now.

I agree with bimini. Those guys are a dime a dozen. Run dont walk.
Thanks. You both confirmed what I was thinking too. I'll stay away from him.