Notices

Powerful words (not mine)

Old 12-19-2019, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Powerful words (not mine)

# (Oh Well Part 3)242 (permalink (Oh Well Part 3))

MesaMan , Today 09:24 AM
If a Person wants any remote chance of stepping up on the Dais at an Olympics, they develop Muscle Memory relentlessly. You're in, say, the Pool before the Sun rises. Aches or not. Cold-like symptoms or not. 'Feeling' like it or not. This is how I approached ~6 Years of what I call 'Permanent, Effortless Sobriety'. After swilling a 1.75 L Handle of Vodka every 2 Days. Continuously.

My standard schtick is: I don't kick my beloved Goldie Dog. I don't cheat on my Wife of 42 Years. I don't steal Cash from a Pal's Wallet left on the Table when he hits the Bathroom. It is entirely possible to compartmentalize Never Drinking Again into that Lockbox of 'things I just don't do'. Hence, my Sig Line below. 2 exceptions: Mental Illness, or Dual Diagnosis. Alks quit hundreds of Years ago, as I did: Cold Turkey. Including my former Neighbor Joe Cocker with whom we had Dinner. See attached below a Study on Alcoholism Treatments:

'Overall, that [Project MATCH] study detected no significant differences among the three treatments in patient outcome, although certain treatment methodologies may be most appropriate for patients with certain characteristics.'

Me, I can't imagine waking up and rehashing my 'choice' of Sobriety daily ODAAT. Exhausting. So, I don't.

I 'get' what GT imaged up-thread. Lock up the AV/Beast in a personal caged Zoo. Or, in my Gun Safe. Or, write it out, and put that crumpled Paper in the bottom of a Fence Post Hole, and cover it forever in Concrete. What EVER ! Forever dismissing the AV makes the complex, simple. The ongoing Muscle Memory of living Sober long-term keeps it so. Long Time Sober Folks I meet at Dog Parks, or at RV Parks, represent what I call 'The SoberSphere'. They're out doing it; virtually all with no ongoing Program involvement. I balance that immense Universe of experience with SR insights.

Your Employer will survive if you don't wake up tomorrow. Hold that thought, and treat any Job with appropriate detachment while giving it your 110%. Been there. Done that.

Sober Serenity First.

~ NIHAA Alcoholism Treatment Study ~