Notices

**Day 402**

Old 12-15-2019, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

**Day 402**

Going into the second year of sobriety/recovery it seems the "real work" is starting.
Reaching the 1 year goal was so important, there was a destination, 365 days. It was also completing all the "firsts".. Christmas, birthdays etc. Now when that has all been completed the recovery journey takes a different angle. It feels that the foundation of a house has been set and now we start building the walls. Recovery is like building a house. When completed you will always need to maintain it. Well I am starting with the walls stage now.
Like a relationship I am spicing up my method in recovery. I am going out of my comfort zone as I know that real growth happens then. I am meeting total strangers in recovery meet ups. I am doing new things that I always dreamt of doing when I was daydreaming in an alcohol haze. I am active on various recovery sites and life is good. Just thought I come and say hello and read some posts as I do not come here that often.
D hope you well!!!
Old 12-15-2019, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Great analogy and really what recovery is all about. For me, it felt like the plates of the earth were moving below my feet shifting me back to center.

I've heard the first year is all about the physical healing from the damage we caused by drinking toxic levels of alcohol and the second year is about the emotional recovery. It was exhausting be so worth it.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Totally agree. Its emotional recovery and growth. No need/want to drink. Ability to analyise why I wont. Its interesting to learn so much about oneself.
Sober tripping 😎
Old 12-15-2019, 12:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Totally agree. Its emotional recovery and growth. No need/want to drink. Ability to analyise why I wont. Its interesting to learn so much about oneself.
Sober tripping 😎
Old 12-15-2019, 03:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Christmas Sydneyman - and congrats as always
Old 12-15-2019, 04:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sober time!
Old 12-15-2019, 05:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations. Thanks for posting and sharing your insight.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done, SM.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time and I too love your analogy and agree with it. It's getting sober and then living sober. You sound like you are doing great!

Merry Christmas !!
Old 12-18-2019, 02:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Like a lot of us I hope you come back and post periodically, Sydneyman. You’ve got a great story to tell and it keeps on giving.

I’ve stopped counting, but my date calculator app shows I quit 352 days ago, Lots of new things going on in my life which wouldn’t be possible with booze inside me. You’ll go on to do loads too so hopefully will keep us updated.